Linux-Misc Digest #471, Volume #27               Thu, 29 Mar 01 00:13:01 EST

Contents:
  Re: Where do I direct possible bug reports in a linux kernel to? ("green")
  using fips ("Sudhakar R.")
  Re: using fips ("muzh")
  startx gives problems ("Chakravarthy K Sannedhi")
  Re: Mounting ZIP/Jaz in multiple formats (Vladimir Florinski)
  Re: Linux WEB Server Appliances? (E J)
  Re: using fips ("Sudhakar R.")
  Re: startx gives problems ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  PCMCIA problem for a newbie ("@@@")
  X - NumLock On/Off Revisited ("Christopher W. Aiken")
  Lucent NIC with Linksys WAP11 ("pdb")
  Re: Windows Media and Linux? (Dan Birchall)
  Re: Mounting ZIP/Jaz in multiple formats (Dances With Crows)
  Re: startx gives problems ("Chakravarthy K Sannedhi")
  Re: If you install rpm-4.0.2 on RedHat 6.2 ... ("ja")
  Driver for Symbolic wireless modem? (Kevin D. Quitt)
  Migrating from PMMail mail client to Linux ("Robert Morelli")
  Re: Detecting Users using ssh to connect (David Efflandt)
  Re: Environment variables and cron job (David Efflandt)
  Samba question:  Win98 workstation with a private IP can't see Samba (Stearns28)
  Problem Running ODBCConfig ("Richard A. Bilonick")
  mpeg encoder for linux.....??? ("kellyboy")
  Re: RedHat 7 - SCSI Low Level Formatter? (Chris wolcott)
  Re: using fips ("muzh")
  Re: RedHat 7 - SCSI Low Level Formatter? (Chris wolcott)

From: "green" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Where do I direct possible bug reports in a linux kernel to?
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:34:44 +1000

thanks I didn't see any links in the files i was looking in or newsgroups at
kernel.org but I was probably half asleep.

There was no metion of it being fixed in the changes files in each one after
2.4.0

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

------------------------------

From: "Sudhakar R." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: using fips
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:31:41 -0500

I tried using fips to partition a logical drive in an extended partition
on a Windows ME system. Fips aborts saying unregonised partition
type. Has anyone succesfully achieved what i have attempted?

Thanx in advance,
-sud

------------------------------

From: "muzh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: using fips
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 13:15:13 +1200

Is the logical drive already formatted for WindowsME?  AFAIK Fips only
works on partitions already formatted for  FAT16 or FAT32.
If you want to create a new logical partition from free space you should
use fdisk or partition magic or something --

------------------------------

From: "Chakravarthy K Sannedhi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: startx gives problems
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:19:45 -0600

I am using Redhat 6.2 distribution. When I give startx command the screen is
blinking for about two times after which it is giving a huge error messages,
which contains many lines starting with '(--) Mach64:' Mach64 is actually my
X server name. The error message also contains the following lines.

_FontTransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect:errno = 111
failed to set default font path 'unix/:-1'
Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'
mach64ProgramClkMach64CT: Warning: Q < 10.666666667
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

When I am giving 'service xfs status' command it is giving 'xfs dead but
subsys locked'

Can any one please tell me what is this fixed font error and what is wrong
with the xfs.

TIA
Chakravarthy K Sannedhi

------------------------------

From: Vladimir Florinski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Mounting ZIP/Jaz in multiple formats
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 18:27:56 -0700

Trevor Jenkins wrote:

> I've read the relevant HOWTOs regarding usage of Iomega's Jaz and Zip
> drives. However, there's one issue that I still unclear about.
>
> I don't quite understand from the various HOWTOs how to mount a Jaz or
> Zip cartridge depending upon its format: ie MS-DOS
> (FAT-16/FAT-32/whatever) or Linux native. Also there is no mention of
> how to mount a Mac format cartridge. I use all three systems and need to
> backup files from either the "MS-DOS" machines or Apple Macs and restore
> to the Linux systems.
>
> What amendments should I make to /etc/fstab so that I can mount an
> arbitrary Jaz/Zip disk? Of course, I'll know what format the disk is in
> but do I need to specifiy this on the mount?.

If you specify "auto" as the third field in fstab, the OS will try every FS type
it knows. For example, I have

/dev/hdd5               /mnt/orb                auto    user,noauto     0 0

(mine is an ORB disk, but the principles are the same).

--

Vladimir

------------------------------

From: E J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux WEB Server Appliances?
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 02:07:20 GMT

IBM, Dell, Compaq, (new) Cray Supercomputers, etc.
I know Dell has its servers preload with linux, I think the other will have
preloaded with Linux.

------------------------------

From: "Sudhakar R." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:16:08 -0500

>Is the logical drive already formatted for WindowsME?  AFAIK Fips only
>works on partitions already formatted for  FAT16 or FAT32.
yes, the logical drive is formatted for WindowsME and it does have some
programs installed on it which I want to keep intact. Or else I cud've
used fdisk to repartition. btw, i was under the impression that WinME uses
FAT32 partitions.

Would appreciate any help with this.
Thanx
-sud

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: startx gives problems
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 02:22:37 GMT

Chakravarthy K Sannedhi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When I am giving 'service xfs status' command it is giving 'xfs dead but
> subsys locked'

Last fall I had the same problem with RH 6.2 I don't remember the
exact fix, but I thrashed around looking for xfs lock files (while xfs
was not running), restarted xfs ("/etc/rc.d/init.d/xfs start" [1]) and
xfs was up and running, w/o any problems since. There was definitely
no serious work involved.

The RH 6.2 machine is one of my desktop machines at work, if this post
does not help, you can email me and I'll look at it in more detail
when at work.

[1] If I remember correctly (that's what it is on the Mandrake 7.1
machine I'm sitting at, and I'm 99+% sure it's the same path on RH
6.2).

--
Jim Buchanan        [EMAIL PROTECTED]     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
=================== http://www.buchanan1.net/ ==========================

------------------------------

From: "@@@" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: PCMCIA problem for a newbie
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 14:26:13 +1200

OK, I need some help here. I have gotten far enough where I _think_ I have
the PCMCIA card manager up and running.
When I insert the Xircom CEM56+100 card, I get one beep and a lower, longer
beep.

The log has this to say:

date, time, localhost kernel: eth0: MII link partner:01e1
date, time, localhost kernel: eth0: MII selected
date, time, localhost kernel: eth0: media 100BaseT, silicon revision 5
date, time, localhost kernel: eth0: Xircom: port 0x300, irq 3 hwaddr
00:10:A4:07:E1:25
date, time, localhost cardmgr[1569]: executing: './network start eth0'
date, time, localhost cardmgr[1569]: + usage: ifup <device name>
date, time, localhost cardmgr[1569]: start cmd existed with status 1
date, time, localhost cardmgr[1569]: executing: './serial start ttyS3'

Has anyone setup one of these before. Any idea where it is going wrong?
Thanks for any help,
Steve B

------------------------------

From: "Christopher W. Aiken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.os.linux,alt.os.linux.suse,comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: X - NumLock On/Off Revisited
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:29:54 -0500

X - NumLock On/Off Revisited

There have been so many Linux users that have complained
that the "NumLock" is turned off when they start their X
server, and others who say it should be left off that I
thought a quick "NumLock" refresher is due.  This is info
that I have collected over the past year from news groups
and email lists.

There are two basic ways, that I know of, to turn on the
"NumLock" when X is started.  Both of these methods work
on my SuSE 7.1 system.  Note that although they work, the
"NumLock" light does NOT light up.  The keys work, the
light does not. I personally don't care if the light does
not light up as long as the keys work.

Method 1.
Check to see if you have a .Xmodmap file in your home
directory.  If you do then add the following to the end
of the file.  If you don't have the .Xmodmap file, then
create one with the following.  Once this is done just
restart your X server.

keycode 79=7
keycode 80=8
keycode 81=9

keycode 83=4
keycode 84=5
keycode 85=6

keycode 86=plus
keycode 87=1
keycode 88=2
keycode 89=3

keycode 90=0
keycode 91=period

Method 2.
Look for the file ".../xkb/types/basic".  This file is usually
located in /etc/X11 or in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11  Use the "locate"
command to find it.  It's location is dependant on the flavor
of Linux that you are running. Once you have found this file,
use you favorite editor (as root) and look for the section of
code that looks like this:

type "KEYPAD" {
   modifiers = Shift+NumLock;
        map[None] = Level2;
        map[Shift] = Level1;
        map[NumLock] = Level1;
        map[Shift+NumLock] = Level2;
        level_name[Level2] = "Base";
        level_name[Level1] = "Number";
};

Now change all the "Level1" to "Level2" and "Level2" to "Level1".
That is just switch them around.  Once this is done, just restart
your X server.

One of these methods should work for you.

Hope this helps.  Hope this finally lays to rest the NumLock
problems when starting X.

--
Christopher W. Aiken
Scenery Hill, Pa, USA

------------------------------

From: "pdb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Lucent NIC with Linksys WAP11
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 03:07:35 GMT

I am running the above configuration in my dual-boot Win98/suse-7 laptop.
It runs fine under 98 except that about every 2 seconds or so the systray
icon switches from an ""ëxcellent"" radio connection icon to a yellow
triangle-question mark, usually meaning únknown device.  I realize this a
linux board and I have an additional linux question:  I'm a newbie so bear
with me.  I have the linux drivers on the CD.  Now what do I do with them?
How do I convert thefiles on the CD into the kernel so it will recognize the
Lucent?
Thanks for any help you can send my way.
Paul

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dan Birchall)
Subject: Re: Windows Media and Linux?
Date: 29 Mar 2001 03:19:37 GMT

Sean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have searched through google.com/linux and had no luck finding a linux
> media player that can handle Windows Media.
>
> I take it that none exist?
>
> Please prove me wrong!

I've seen some indications that XMPS (see... hmmm... xmps.sourceforge.org
or some such?) might have AVI codecs going forward, but I'm not sure
whether AVI is considered Windows Media. ;)

-Dan

--
Dan Birchall - Palolo Valley - Honolulu HI - http://dan.scream.org/
My addresses expire... take out the hex stamp if your reply bounces

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dances With Crows)
Date: 29 Mar 2001 03:16:44 GMT

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 23:56:06 +0000, Trevor Jenkins staggered into the
Black Sun and said:
>I don't quite understand from the various HOWTOs how to mount a Jaz or
>Zip cartridge depending upon its format: ie MS-DOS
>(FAT-16/FAT-32/whatever) or Linux native. Also there is no mention of
>how to mount a Mac format cartridge. I use all three systems and need to
>backup files from either the "MS-DOS" machines or Apple Macs and restore
>to the Linux systems.
>
>What amendments should I make to /etc/fstab so that I can mount an
>arbitrary Jaz/Zip disk? Of course, I'll know what format the disk is in
>but do I need to specifiy this on the mount?.

In my /etc/fstab :
/dev/sda4    /mnt/zip     vfat   noauto,user  0  0
/dev/sda     /mnt/maczip   hfs   noauto,user  0  0
/dev/sda1    /mnt/e2zip   ext2   noauto,user  0  0

MacOS (HFS) ZIP disks are not partitioned; the whole disk is used as one
large HFS filesystem.  FAT16 ZIP disks are almost always partitioned
such that there's a 96M filesystem on partition 4.  ext2 is rarely used
on ZIP disks; UIDs and GIDs don't translate across systems and that
screws up easy data sharing, not to mention security problems that can
occur if you let users mount ext2 volumes.

HTH!

Brainbench MVP for Linux Admin /  Workin' in a code mine, hittin' Ctrl-Alt
http://www.brainbench.com     /   Workin' in a code mine, whoops!
=============================/    I hit a seg fault....

------------------------------

From: "Chakravarthy K Sannedhi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:29:04 -0600

Jim Buchanan  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> Last fall I had the same problem with RH 6.2 I don't remember the
> exact fix, but I thrashed around looking for xfs lock files (while xfs
> was not running), restarted xfs ("/etc/rc.d/init.d/xfs start" [1]) and
> xfs was up and running, w/o any problems since. There was definitely
> no serious work involved.

Thanks for your suggestion. I exactly did what you tried to explain here.
First I stopped the xfs service and then removed the xfs lock files under
the /var/lock/subsys directory, then started the xfs service and then gave
the startx command. But no joy, it is giving the same error and when I ask
for the status of xfs it is once again displaying the same message 'xfs dead
by subsys locked'
Here is the sequence of commands that I used.

>service xfs stop
>rm -fr /var/lock/subsys/xfs
>service xfs start
>startx
>service xfs status

TIA
Chakravarthy K Sannedhi

------------------------------

From: "ja" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: If you install rpm-4.0.2 on RedHat 6.2 ...
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 03:41:43 GMT

Cripes! That was my next guess thanks.  Been looking for fixes for a day or
two and installing everything.   I'll post your answer to my request in EE.

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

------------------------------

From: Kevin D. Quitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Driver for Symbolic wireless modem?
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:45:42 -0800

Anybody know if such a beast exists?

--
#include <standard.disclaimer>
 _

------------------------------

From: "Robert Morelli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Migrating from PMMail mail client to Linux
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:48:14 -0700

I have been using a mail client called PMMail under OS/2.  PMMail is
also available for Windows.  Since I work mostly under Linux now,  I'd
like to migrate my email client and existing email archives to some
Linux based system.  I see two ways to go.

1.  Keep using PMMail.  This would be preferable.  PMMail is light
years ahead of anything I've seen for Linux.  In fact,  it's considered
excellent even by the standards of Windows software.  The question
is,  can PMMail run under WINE?  I've never used WINE.  Before I
take the trouble to set it up and see if PMMail works,  I'd like to know
if anyone else has already been that way.

(By the way,  the publisher of PMMail,  Blueprint,  has stated that they
are working on a port to Linux.  As far as I'm concerned,  putting faith
in some company's promises is counterproductive,  so until something's
actually shipping,  I'm going to behave as if there won't be a port.)

2.  Convert to a Linux based email client.  Granted,  Linux email
clients don't impress,  but at least one thing is sure,  it can't get
any worse than it is now.  If I understand right,  there are basically
three standards for email storage in use under Linux.  I'd need to
convert my PMMail archives to one of those standards.  Ideally,
someone might have already written some software to do that.
Short of that,  maybe someone more knowlegeable than me could
give me some pointers.  I know how to program,  but I don't know
anything about any email storage standards.

All help appreciated,
Robert Morelli

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (David Efflandt)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.help,comp.os.linux.questions
Subject: Re: Detecting Users using ssh to connect
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 04:10:47 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:30:40 -0500, Kendall Beaman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Hey all,
>
>Hopefully this is a simple quick question. How can I get my users who
>log in using ssh to show up in who list? When they log in I can't tell
>they're on by using who or finger. I don't want them to be able to hide
>:)
>
>Right now all I can do is check my /var/log/messages and see the connect
>disconnect messages.

Strange.  Even when someone cracked a free shell Linux server and changed
ownership of /home to their name with no permissions for anyone else, I
could still ssh in, and still showed up in who.  I just could not access
my home dir (I was dumped into /tmp/ssh-efflandt).

However, when I installed SuSE 7.1 on my own box, I noticed that 'who'
there only shows normal users and does not show root logins, whereas, RH
and Mdk show everybody.

Do they show up when you do 'last'?

--
David Efflandt  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.de-srv.com/
http://www.autox.chicago.il.us/  http://www.berniesfloral.net/

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (David Efflandt)
Subject: Re: Environment variables and cron job
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 04:21:46 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:02:20 -0500, Trebor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>$HOME is not defined because cron doesn't read your .profile (or .cshrc,
>.bashrc, etc.) - and here's why: cron spawns your perl script as its own
>process. That is to say, cron doesn't launch a shell and then have that
>shell launch your perl script as a child process. Since those startup files
>(.profile, etc.) are only read by logins and shells, not individual
>processes. So, when perl is spawned, it doesn't benefit from any exported
>variables from a parent shell process.

Nonsense, $HOME is set (but maybe not ~).  Read 'man 5 crontab':

       Several  environment variables are set up automatically by
       the cron(8) daemon.  SHELL is set to /bin/sh, and  LOGNAME
       and  HOME  are  set  from  the  /etc/passwd  line  of  the
       crontab's owner.  HOME and SHELL may be overridden by set­
       tings in the crontab; LOGNAME may not.

However, the rest of the env may be minimal, so you may want to set PATH =
whatever, in your crontab and/or use full paths to any scripts, programs
or files because you may not know where you will be running from.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Stearns28)
Date: 29 Mar 2001 04:26:58 GMT
Subject: Samba question:  Win98 workstation with a private IP can't see Samba

Hi all,

Please give me some help on this Samba question.

I set up a RH 6.1 server running Samba 2.0.5 as a file server in a LAN of 20+
Win98 workstations.   Some of the win98 workstations have a real IP address
while others are assigned the 192.168.1.x private addresses.

None of the workstations with private IP addresses can see the Samba in their
Network Neighborhood.   But after I replaced the private IP with a real one,
the Samba server showed up and all the shared resources were available.

Can Win9x workstations with private IP (192.168.1.x) connect to a Samba server
and use the shared resources?  Is it the problem with Win9x, Linux, or Samba?
Any  docs on how to resolve this  on-line  somewhere?  I checked the FAQ on
samba.org but couldn't find any help there.

Thanks for may info and suggestions.

-stearns

------------------------------

From: "Richard A. Bilonick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Problem Running ODBCConfig
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 04:37:54 GMT

I would like to access an Oracle database running on another server
using the Oracle client for Linux running under Red Hat 7.0. I
downloaded root, unixODBC, RDBS, and the Oracle client rpms and
installed them, and configured them per the directions. When I try to
run ODBCConfig and DataManager I get the following:

ODBCConfig: Symbol `__vt_4QTab' has different size in shared object,
consider re-linking
Segmentation fault
[root@rbilonick database]# DataManager
DataManager: Symbol `__vt_4QTab' has different size in shared object,
consider re-linking
Segmentation fault

Is there some way to do the configuration without using ODBCConfig?

So then I downloaded the source rpm for unixODBC and tried to compile
and install it. The compilation took a long time  (indicated by the
three dots) and then the following happened:

rpm --recompile unixODBC-1.8.8-1.src.rpm

.
.
.

gcc -DUNIXODBC -DPACKAGE=\"unixODBC\" -DVERSION=\"1.8.8\"
-DYYTEXT_POINTER=1 -DHAVE_LIBCRYPT=1 -DHAVE_LIBM=1 -DHAVE_STRCASECMP=1
-DHAVE_STRNCASECMP=1 -DHAVE_LIBDL=1 -D_REENTRANT=1 -DHAVE_LIBPTHREAD=1
-DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -DHAVE_LIBPNG=1 -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_MALLOC_H=1
-DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_PWD_H=1 -DHAVE_CRYPT_H=1
-DHAVE_LIMITS_H=1 -DHAVE_ALLOCA_H=1 -DHAVE_ALLOCA=1 -DHAVE_VPRINTF=1
-DHAVE_PUTENV=1 -DHAVE_SOCKET=1 -DHAVE_STRDUP=1 -DHAVE_STRSTR=1
-I../../include -I../../libltdl -O2 -march=i386 -mcpu=i686 -g -c
drvcfg1.c -o drvcfg1.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .libs/drvcfg1.lo drvcfg1.lo
/bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=link gcc  -O2 -march=i386 -mcpu=i686 -g  -o
libodbcdrvcfg1S.la -rpath /var/tmp/unixODBC-root/usr/lib -version-info
1:0:0 drvcfg1.lo  -lpthread -lm -lcrypt
rm -fr .libs/libodbcdrvcfg1S.la .libs/libodbcdrvcfg1S.*
.libs/libodbcdrvcfg1S.*
gcc -shared  drvcfg1.lo  -lpthread -lm -lcrypt -lc  -Wl,-soname
-Wl,libodbcdrvcfg1S.so.1 -o .libs/libodbcdrvcfg1S.so.1.0.0
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libodbcdrvcfg1S.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/unixODBC-1.8.8/DRVConfig/drvcfg1'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/unixODBC-1.8.8/DRVConfig'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

It says it can't find -lgcc. What does this mean? How do I fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rick Bilonick

--
Rick Bilonick -  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

From: "kellyboy" <kellyboy@nospanner>
Subject: mpeg encoder for linux.....???
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 22:59:28 -0600

Can someone tell me where I can get free software or source or whatever to
mpeg encoder...for linux.

I want to make mpeg out of files where each file is a frame...you know what
I mean...30 files make one sec. mpeg of 30fps  not encode from streaming
video like camera or vcr tape....

I have this bunch of tga01, tga02, tga03.and I want to make mpeg out of
it..and I looked everywhere on how to encode it into mpeg (or avi. or mov.
or whatever since I found some "avi2mpeg" "stuff on the Net)

What I find it strange is that mpeg has been in use for years now and yet
dont see one bit of software encoder for linux... what give??

kellyboy

From: Chris wolcott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: RedHat 7 - SCSI Low Level Formatter?
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 23:01:02 -0600

I have a DPT SCSI controller, and it does not have much of anything in it's
BIOS.  (I haven't seen one in BIOS for a LONG time.)  There are DOS
programs to do it, but you need an ASPI driver, and I can't find one.  (DPT
was bought out and scrapped by ADAPTEC.  Nothing for DPT on their site.)

------------------------------

From: "muzh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:04:17 +1200

Then the only thing I can think of is that Bloody Micro$haft have made
*yet another* undocumented change in the file system.
Perhaps it would be easiest if you copied the files you want to keep to
somewhere safe, the remove the logical partition, then in its space
create 2 logical partitions, one each for Winblows and Linux.  Linux
fdisk can do this for you easily.

From: Chris wolcott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 23:08:35 -0600

SCSI.  I have an old AS/400 2 GB SCSI drive that is formatted to an odd
cluster size.

In LILO, there was a section for RAMDISK.  I upgraded my kernel from the
REDHAT site (up2date) and wanted to add it to LILO, but I didn't know hat
to add for the RAMDISK *.IMG entry.