Linux-Misc Digest #424, Volume #21               Mon, 16 Aug 99 12:13:13 EDT

Contents:
  Re: How to put CD-ROM in a lower speed (Radovan Garabik)
  Re: why not C++? ("Frank V. Castellucci")
  Re: Phat Linux?? (David Turley)
  Re: Process Table ("Stuart Harris")
  Re: Debian binary?? (Sergey Smirnov)
  Who can help me about my Trident 4D wave sound card? (Lee Ying)
  Re: GNOME ppp applet solution (Steve Gage)
  Re: OPL3-SA3 souncard won't play sound!!! (Steve Gage)
  Re: Text Editor (Jon Skeet)
  Re: Upgrade RPM?! (Bob Tennent)
  Re: KDE (IKA)
  Re: why not C++? (Edwin Young)
  what the hell does this mean? (kev)
  Re: Updating the kernel from 2.0.36 to 2.2.x (Rajesh Radhakrishnan)
  Re: Java and linux ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  AZTECH MDP3858-W 56K Modem ("Faisal Nasim")
  Re: why not C++? (Bob Martin)
  Re: ATAPI CD-R under linux ("Thomas T. Veldhouse")
  Re: BT878 sound problems (William Burrow)
  Re: why not C++? (Doug DeJulio)
  Re: Installing Blackdown's jdk 117_v1a on RH 6.0. Please help. (Jeffrey Pajor)

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Radovan Garabik)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: How to put CD-ROM in a lower speed
Date: 16 Aug 1999 11:38:08 GMT

In comp.os.linux.misc Henrique <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 : Hi.

 : I would like to know if there's any way of
 : doing my cd-rom drive reading in lower speed on linux.

 : i.e.:
 : my cd-rom is 24x,
 : but I want to read cd-roms at 4x or 8x speed.

http://dmpc.dbp.fmph.uniba.sk/~krivanek/cdrom_speed/

| Radovan Garabik  http://melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk/~garabik |
| __..--^^^--..__         garabik @ fmph . uniba . sk       |

From: "Frank V. Castellucci" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.development.apps,comp.os.linux.development.system
Subject: Re: why not C++?
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 07:47:33 -0400

Kaz Kylheku wrote in message ...
>On Mon, 16 Aug 1999 06:47:45 GMT, Satch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Cocheese) wrote in
>><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>
>>>*Why Is linux done primarily in the C programming language rather than
>>>
>>>C++?*
>>
>>First, the object model with its constructors and destructors mandates a
>>heavy-duty memory management routine...and usually that memory management
>>routine is part of the operating system.  Chicken and egg problem...
>
>But there are disadvantages to C++ constructors. For one thing, they do not
>return a value. The only sanctioned mechanism for indicating construction
>failure is to throw an exception.  Exception handling requires run-time
support
>and causes an increase in object file size. It has only recently begun to
be
>properly supported by G++, thanks to EGCS. The implementation adds serious
>bloat to object files.

But this can be managed by the Factory pattern. In addition, in a OS
context, the factory would
be the desired route for instrumentation and management.

>>Next, it's very difficult to predict how a C++ package is going to react
>>in all circumstances, because there is more state inherent in a C++
>>program than in a regular C program.  Dynamic detection of object type,
>>and run-time binding of objects to subroutines means that you have more
>>run-time overhead...and operating systems already take too many cycles
>>for the services they provide.

But the right analysis and design will allow predict invarient state.

I also noticed in this thread posits like "because g++ is not up to the
task" etc, etc. But I am sure that the developers of the Linux kernel
uncovered more then 1 bug in gcc!

Frank V. Castellucci

------------------------------

From: David Turley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Phat Linux??
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 11:54:59 GMT

In article <lwOs3.2177$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  "Christopher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Has anyone heard of Phat Linux?

Yes, I've heard of it. Is that the question? :-)

FWIW, I downloaded version 3 out of curiosity. Loaded on my laptop,
tried to boot... kernal panic. This after sitting thru a 170 meg
download at 26400!!

I wrote the phatlinux guys, they're "looking into it." I notieed that
there is a newer file on their FTP site so I wrote them to ask what the
difference was. They declined to answer.

In the past I tried their version 1 (included files, like X, way too
outdated), then tried version 2  (file was corrupt), now this with
version 3. What these guys are trying to do is pretty cool, but my
experience with it shows they are not there yet. If you really need to
run Linux in a DOS partition, try ZipSlack from Slackware. Sure you need
to install X and other packages yourself, but it's easy. As far as
performance, X works fine. Haven't tried KDE or Gnome, but I don't see
the point of these anyway.

cheers.
--
David Turley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: "Stuart Harris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Process Table
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:09:51 +0100

==========

ps -Aef is roughly equivilent to ps auwx

------------------------------

From: Sergey Smirnov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Debian binary??
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 16:12:33 +0400

Martin Schreck wrote:

> I downloaded a cana package to write Japanese in an English Linux
> system. The files are Debian binaries. Never heard of that, can anybody
> tell me how to use them please?
>
> Cheers Martin
ar + gzip + tar
See http://www.debian.org
   Sergey Smirnov.

------------------------------

From: Lee Ying <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Who can help me about my Trident 4D wave sound card?
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:13:47 GMT

I download ALSA-driver-2.0.3.tar.gz and install as its manual on
RedHat 6.0.
My sound card appears in Windows98 as Trident 4D wave PCI.
So I choose snd-trid4dwave.o and edit conf.modules

##*********************************************
alias eth0 ne
options ne io=0x220 irq=5
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
pre-install pcmcia_core /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia start
# ALSA native device support
alias char-major-116 snd
options snd snd_major=116 snd_cards_limit=1
#alias snd-card-0 snd-trident_dx_nx
alias snd-card-0 snd-trid4dwave
options snd-trid4dwave snd_index=1 snd_id="trid4dwave"

# OSS/Lite setup
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm1-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm1-oss

##*******************************

Then restart kerneld.But it does not work!
The sound card keeps silence.

cat /proc/io*
0000-001f : dma1
0020-003f : pic1
0040-005f : timer
0060-006f : keyboard
0070-007f : rtc
0080-008f : dma page reg
00a0-00bf : pic2
00c0-00df : dma2
00f0-00ff : fpu
0170-0177 : ide1
01f0-01f7 : ide0
0220-023f : NE2000
02f8-02ff : serial(auto)
0376-0376 : ide1
03c0-03df : vga+
03f6-03f6 : ide0
03f8-03ff : serial(auto)
e400-e4ff : Trident 4DWave PCI
f000-f007 : ide0
f008-f00f : ide1

cat /proc/int*
           CPU0
  0:      91644          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       2513          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  5:        150          XT-PIC  NE2000
  8:          2          XT-PIC  rtc
 10:          0          XT-PIC  Trident 4DWave PCI
 12:       5621          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 13:          1          XT-PIC  fpu
 14:      67986          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:        526          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0

It should have found my card,io=0xe400 irq=10
What can I do now?

From: Steve Gage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: GNOME ppp applet solution
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:34:00 GMT

Abdullah Ramazanoglu wrote:

> Tweezak wrote:
> [.....]
> > After discovering that (thanks to usenet info), I decided to make my own
> > applet to run ifup and ifdown.  It turns out there is a second ppp
> > applet that comes with GNOME.  It is better concealed but it seems to
> > work for all users.  Here's how you get to it:
> >
> > 1. RIGHT click on an open space on the panel (taskbar, whatever)
> >
> > 2. Move your mouse up until "Add applet >" is highlighted.
> >
> > 3. Move your mouse over and down to "Network."
> >
> > 4. Select "PPP Dialer"
> >
> > An icon will be added to your panel that looks like a play/pause and
> > stop button.  Click on the "play" button and your modem should dial.
> > Click on the "stop" button and it should disconnect.  This is assuming
> > that you had working ppp in X before installing GNOME.
> [.....]
>
> Also give a consideration to the "Modem Lights" applet. It has several
> more advantages:
>
> - Extensive configuration (via Properties) : You can make it use any
> program to connect/disconnect (I use kppp, though I work in Gnome)
>
> - Modem receive & transmit lights in real-time.
>
> - Short term traffic history

Except I can't modem lights to recognize my ppp connection. It will
successfully dial and connect, but the applet always says "not
connected". Any idea how to fix it?

- Steve

------------------------------

From: Steve Gage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: OPL3-SA3 souncard won't play sound!!!
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:36:10 GMT

Joshua Li wrote:

> Steve Gage wrote:
> >
> > Sean wrote:
> > >
> > > My OPL3-SA3 soundcard which is a Audiotrix 3D-XG now works with isapnp
> > > except it has two irq's and I don't know how to set the 2nd irq with
> > > ismod.  If I just set one irq up X11AMP and other sound apps display that
> > > they are playing sound but I hear nothing out of the speakers.
> > > /dev/sndstat tells me that I have no installed drivers or card config
> > > except it does give me info on my adio synth and midi devices as well as
> > > mixers.  I insmoded the followinf modules (if there are any I missed please
> > > tell me) opl3sa2, mpu401, opl3 and ad1848.  If anyone could help me it
> > > would help alot.  E-mail me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >

> If I am not mistaken, you'll need mpu401 for ad1848, and according to
> Caldera Support, Mpu port is better off to be 0x388, after changing some
> IO- ports, my OPL3-sax has a significant increase in performance.

Yes, you need the mpu401 module, but you don't (at least _I_ don't) need
to explicitly load it: it seems to be taken care of by the dependencies
described in modules.dep. I am no expert on the subject, but the the
kernel module loader seems to get everything straight with the
conf.modules I posted.

I should probably mention that I have an OPL3/SAx on the mobo.

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "a significant increase in
performance"?

- Steve

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jon Skeet)
Subject: Re: Text Editor
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:15:41 +0100

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> "Suddn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I telnet into my Linux server from a windows box.  I need to work with text
> > files (C++ Source) but I hate the VI editor.  Is there any editors that are,
> > well, more user friendly that will work?
>
> Jed is a nice, small editor.

I'll second that. It's also available for all the platforms I need, which
is rather handy. Sure, Emacs is too, but it's a bit too heavy-weight for
me. Jed has most of the features I would use from Emacs, but in a quick-
to-start and quick-to-install format.

--
Jon Skeet - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pobox.com/~skeet/

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bob Tennent)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: Upgrade RPM?!
Date: 16 Aug 1999 12:50:39 GMT

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999 06:16:38 +0000, Jack Zhu wrote:
 >RH 5.0, Kernel 2.2.1 and RPM 2.4.10, Now I try to upgrade RPM tp 3.0
 >version.
 >
 >I use "rpm -Uvh xxxx.rpm" command to upgrade, the error message is:
 >
 >libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by rpm-3.0.2-6.0
 >libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) is needed by rpm-3.0.2-6.0
 >libdb.so.2(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by rpm-3.0.2-6.0
 >patch < 2.5 conflicts with rpm-3.0.2-6.0
 >
 >Seems I have to upgrade GLIBC, but what does the patch<2.5 mean? I
 >cannot find any patch for RH 5.0 in RH FTP site.
 >
 >That's why RH sucks.

Have you tried to use rpmfind or the rpm database at rufus.w3.org?
Have you considered shelling out a few bucks to get a CD of a more
recent version instead of trying to upgrade key system libraries
piecemeal?   Have you tried to RTFM?   rpm is trying to warn you
not to do something really really stupid.  Do you have sense enough
to pay attention or are you going to blame the messenger?

Bob T.

------------------------------

From: IKA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: redhat.x.general,redhat.general
Subject: Re: KDE
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:42:41 +0100

"Robert r." wrote:

> I use the KDE Desktop. All the windows I open are too big for the screen.
>
> Is there a way to edit the size of the windows. I can't find any options
>
> for that. I am really new to Linux.

>                     http://www.searchlinux.com

Run Xconfigurator and adjust your screen resolution.

------------------------------

Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.development.apps,comp.os.linux.development.system
From: Edwin Young <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 16 Aug 1999 14:10:17 +0100

Stephan Houben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> You might want to take into account that Linus still sticks with
> an older compiler (2.7, IIRC), because some of the optimisations
> in the newer GCC versions break some of the Linux source code.

I believe that kernel 2.0.x must be compiled with gcc 2.7.2.3 because
it has various bits of broken assembler which just happen to work with
that compiler, but not more recent versions. More recent kernels are
much more robust w.r.t gcc version.

Edwin Young

------------------------------

From: kev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: linux.redhat.misc
Subject: what the hell does this mean?
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:42:49 +0100

Hi,

I've just got back from a week's holiday during which time my Red Hat6
system has been up, just running scheduled processes, with (to my
knowledge) noone elsze having used the system while I was away.

I've tried su-ing to a couple of users, and get the following message:

"possible stale xauth refcount in file
~/.xauth/refcount/<user>/<domain>/unix:0 - delete file if in doubt"

Can anyone tell me what this means, why I get it and what course of
action to take?

Thanks in advance,

- Kev

------------------------------

From: Rajesh Radhakrishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.os.linux,comp.os.linux.help
Subject: Re: Updating the kernel from 2.0.36 to 2.2.x
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 10:28:28 -0400

Hi,

Thanks to all who replied to my question.

Some you suggested that I have to download the kernel.tar.gz file,
unpack and compile the kernel. This procedure was well documented in
http://www.redhat.com/corp/support/docs/kernel-upgrade/kernel-upgrade.html

I found an alternative in
http://rufus.w3.org/linux/RPM/

I found all of RedHat6.0 rpms there and downloaded
kernel-2.2.5-15.i586.rpm from there. I know this is 5 version behind...

On my PC I did 'rpm -ivh kernel-2.2.5-15.i586.rpm'
and modified /etc/lilo.conf to boot from my new kernel.
I still have my 2.0.36 kernel...  :)

but after bootup the kernel wasn't able to find the driver for my 3Com
ethernet card's modules. hence i added the foll line to
/etc/conf.modules
path[net] = /lib/modules/'uname -r'

The system boots up perfectly. I checked dmesg and saw no error
messages.

There is one problem though....
 When I run 'startx' my DISPLAY env variable isn't set. I saw the error
messages in my .Afterstep-errors file. The Xwindow commands eg
xterm,emacs complain about the display env not being set and exit.

So currently I do setenv DISPLAY localhost:0.0 then type startx at the
ASCII prompt. Then it works ok.

If you think I am home safe, thanks you
else tell me more... :)

- Rajesh

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Java and linux
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:35:07 GMT

:> I have signed up for a java class.  I have some limited C and C++
:>experience, but I am pretty ignorant about java.  I would like to use my
:>linux machine, though.  Can I download an interpreter or a compiler from
:>some site?

Not a coder myself but I do have an interest in Java.
IBM is making some noise about Linux and have offered some tools.
Check out

        http://alphaworks.ibm.com/

and I believe they also have a Linux Developers site going now.

havefun
jehnk

------------------------------

From: "Faisal Nasim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: AZTECH MDP3858-W 56K Modem
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 19:10:33 +0500

Hi,

Is it supported in Linux?

It is PCI with _no_ COM and IRQ settings on board.

------------------------------

From: Bob Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 08:47:19 -0500

It has already been tried ( around kernel version 0.97 something, don't
remember exactly ) . didn't work out to well and was converted back to
standard C.

------------------------------

From: "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: ATAPI CD-R under linux
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 10:32:15 -0500

If you add "append=hdb=ide-scsi" to the top of /etc/lilo.conf you should be
able to use both ATAPI and SCSI emulation in the same kernel with two
different drives, where hdb is the device that normally maps the ATAPI
CDRom.  See man lilo.conf for more details.

The SCSI CDs will show up as /dev/scd0.

Tom Veldhouse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (William Burrow)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.hardware
Subject: Re: BT878 sound problems
Date: 16 Aug 1999 15:28:52 GMT

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999 10:22:57 +0200,
Ralf Siemieniec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>the tuner type too (insmod tuner type=xx) which are described in the sources
>drivers section, i guess the filename was MODULES. It finally worked in my case
>(Hauppauge Win TV Theatre) after spending 3 weeks. But there is still one
>problem,
>that the msp3400-module has to be included with insmod or modprobe each time I
>reboot the system...   :-(

If you are using kmod, you can edit /etc/conf.modules and setup some
aliases that supposedly preload the drivers you need.  Of course, I
never got this to work (you have to reboot to get your edited version of
conf.modules reread, it seems -- mind boggling).  Also, you can place
the modprobe in your boot sequence.  Modern init scripts seem to lack
rc.local for some reason, but you can stick one in if necessary.

--
William Burrow  --  New Brunswick, Canada             o
Copyright 1999 William Burrow                     ~  /\

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Doug DeJulio)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.development.apps,comp.os.linux.development.system
Date: 16 Aug 1999 10:35:58 -0400

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Cocheese  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     Again I admit it would take a little extra work and put a minor set
>back in the evolution for a month or 2, but if C++ is so much faster,
>easier, and stable- WHY NOT?

Not everyone agrees that C++ is faster, easier, and stable.  In
particular, it can be demonstrated that any stability C++ has on Linux
is actually fairly recent (egcs).

>  There are many differences Between the two programming languages and
>there are huge advantages to C++.

Again, not everyone agrees that there are huge advantages to C++ when
used as a systems (as opposed to applications) programming language.
--
Doug DeJulio      | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
HKS, Incorporated | http://www.hks.net/~ddj/

------------------------------

From: Jeffrey Pajor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.lang.java.help,alt.os.linux
Subject: Re: Installing Blackdown's jdk 117_v1a on RH 6.0. Please help.
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 11:39:33 -0400

==============FD3B6DED87CC835A317D25D4

==============57253BE406236FB0E1F12617

Try installing the RPM for the JDK.  Maybe there are some dependencies
you don't have.

http://rufus.w3.org/linux/RPM/contrib/libc6/i386/jdk-117_v1a-2.i386.html

Cheers,
Jeff

Bill Johnston wrote:

> Hi. I'm having trouble installing the binary version of Blackdown's
> jdk 117-v1a on my PC, which is running RH Linux 6.0.  When I enter
> "javac", the following error message appears:
>
>   /usr/local/jdk117_v1a/lib/i586/green_threads/libjava.so: undefined
>   symbol: _dl_symbol_value
>
> I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.   I appreciate the hard work
> Blackdown's volunteers have done in porting the jdk to linux.   Any
> help will be greatly appreciated !!
>

> Here's some further info:
>
>  - I'm a new linux user.
>
>  - Environment info:
>    -
> PATH=/usr/local/jdk117_v1a/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/root/bin
>
>    - CLASSPATH=.:/usr/local/jdk117_v1a/lib/classes.zip
>    - JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk117_v1a
>
>  - RH 6.0 is being used.  (Specifically ver. 2.2.5-15)
>
>  - XFree86 is being used. (Specifically, vendor release number 3330)
>
>  - Loader info follows:
>       [root@localhost /root]# ldconfig -D 2>&1 | grep ld | tail -1
>       ld-linux.so.2 => ld-2.1.1.so
>
>  - To install the jdk, I used file jdk_1.1.7-v1a-glibc-x86.tar.gz.  It
> was obtained by ftp directly from an official Blackdown mirror site.
>
>  - libc info follows:
>       # ldconfig -D 2>&1 | grep libc | tail -1
>       libc.so.6 => libc-2.1.1.so
>
>  - I ran the "java-linux-info.sh" diagnosis script, resulting in ~6.1k
> lines of output, containing LOTS of error msgs.
>    A few examples:
>
>    open("/usr/X11R6/lib/libc.so.6", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such
> file or directory)
>    open("/usr/local/jdk117_v1a/lib/i586/green_threads/libc.so.6",
> O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
>    write(2, "/usr/local/jdk117_v1a/bin/i586/green_threads/java",
> 49/usr/local/jdk117_v1a/bin/i586/green_threads/java) = 49
>    write(2, ": error in loading shared libraries: ", 37: error in
>    write(2, "/usr/local/jdk117_v1a/lib/i586/green_threads/libjava.so",
> 55/usr/local/jdk117_v1a/lib/i586/green_threads/libjava.so) = 55
>    write(2, ": ", 2: )                       = 2
>    write(2, "undefined symbol: _dl_symbol_value", 34undefined symbol:
> _dl_symbol_value) = 34

> Bill Johnston (William F. Johnston)
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] or ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> Home phone: 302-731-1584
> Fax  phone: 302-731-1584 (it can discriminate)

==============57253BE406236FB0E1F12617

Try installing the RPM for the JDK.&nbsp; Maybe there are some dependencies
you don't have.
HREF="http://rufus.w3.org/linux/RPM/contrib/libc6/i386/jdk-117_v1a-2.i386.html">http://rufus.w3.org/linux/RPM/contrib/libc6/i386/jdk-117_v1a-2.i386.html</A>
version of Blackdown's jdk 117-v1a on my PC, which is running RH Linux
6.0.&nbsp; When I enter "javac", the following error message appears:</tt>
undefined</tt>
hard work Blackdown's volunteers have done in porting the jdk to linux.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Any help will be greatly appreciated !!</tt>
PATH=/usr/local/jdk117_v1a/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/root/bin</tt>
3330)</tt>
-D 2>&amp;1 | grep ld | tail -1</tt>
It was obtained by ftp directly from an official Blackdown mirror site.</tt>
| tail -1</tt>
in ~6.1k lines of output, containing LOTS of error msgs.</tt>
(No such file or directory)</tt>
O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)</tt>
49/usr/local/jdk117_v1a/bin/i586/green_threads/java) = 49</tt>
37: error in loading shared libraries: ) = 37</tt>
"/usr/local/jdk117_v1a/lib/i586/green_threads/libjava.so",
55/usr/local/jdk117_v1a/lib/i586/green_threads/libjava.so) = 55</tt>
)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
= 2</tt>
symbol: _dl_symbol_value) = 34</tt>
<pre>----------------------------------------------------
Bill Johnston (William F. Johnston)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Home phone: 302-731-1584
Fax&nbsp; phone: 302-731-1584 (it can discriminate)
====================================================</pre>
&nbsp;</blockquote>

==============57253BE406236FB0E1F12617==

==============FD3B6DED87CC835A317D25D4

begin:vcard
n:Pajor;Jeffrey
tel;cell:(919)272-1663
tel;fax:(707)202-4031
tel;home:(919)303-8923
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.ipass.net/~pajor
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:e-buisness Consultant
note:aka Java Hacker, Linux Preacher, Web Monkey
adr;quoted-printable:;;127 Swan Quarter Drive=0D=0A;Apex;NC;27502;USA
fn:Jeffrey Pajor
end:vcard

==============FD3B6DED87CC835A317D25D4==