Linux-Misc Digest #731, Volume #21                Wed, 8 Sep 99 22:13:13 EDT

Contents:
  Re: HTML editor for Linux (Donn Miller)
  Re: NIC stops responding ("M. Smith")
  Re: Notepad for Linux? (Allin Cottrell)
  Re: I've got a PCI Winmodem... ("Bill Guenthner")
  Re: xfs on Redhat 6.0 ("Roch Plamondon")
  Re: Yggdrassil (was Re: Made my own "live CD" at last!  Works great, too :-) (Terry
Porter)
  Re: HTML editor for Linux (Pas Moi)
  Re: i broke my libraries! (Allin Cottrell)
  FIXED: KDE: Backspace deletes chars to the RIGHT of cursor. (John O'Sullivan)
  Re: Amiga, QNX, Linux and Revolution (Aram Iskenderian)
  Mail bomb ("Noah Roberts (jik-)")
  Re: garbage collection (Leon Garde)
  Re: Kernel xconfig errors ("sculpin")
  Re: Amiga, QNX, Linux and Revolution (K. C. Lee)
  Re: Installing Java3D on Red Hat Linux 6.0 (Adrian Hands)
  Re: Amiga, QNX, Linux and Revolution (Guy Macon)
  Re: Samba Problem - Passwords for Everything HELP! ("Matt Anderson")
  Re: starting KDE on Redhat 6 (Mackis Tiflidis)
  Re: General Rant from a Linux Newbie (Chris Mahmood)
  Re: General Rant from a Linux Newbie (Joseph Crowe)
  Re: make linux disk only one ("B.Becking")
  NIC stops responding (fred anger)

From: Donn Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: HTML editor for Linux
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 16:00:34 -0400

Rene Grothmann wrote:

> I am looking for an HTML editor for Linux. Should do the following
> (those are personal preferences, please no flames):
>
> - WYSIWYG (I already have a good source editor)
> - Frames
> - CSS support
> - comfortable publish function
>
> Might be freware, shareware or payware.

Netscape 4.61 for Linux might have these features.  However, for
a simple text-based html editor, I'd recommend elvis (vi clone).
You can toggle between html view mode and edit mode by pressing

^w d (control w d)

to toggle back and forth between these two modes.

--Donn

------------------------------

From: "M. Smith" <smith_ml@swbell-dot-net>
Subject: Re: NIC stops responding
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 20:16:54 -0500

fred anger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:7r6p1k$7r2$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> I'm having a problem on 2 Linux machines where the NIC seems to just
> stop responding.  What's bizzare is the fix:  unplug the cable from the
> hub, then plug it back in.  Before unplugging the cable, the link light
> on the hub is out.  Plugging the cable back in, the link light comes
> back on, and traffic flows through the NIC again.  Both NICs are 3Com
> 3C905 Boomerangs.  Any ideas?

My first guess would be a mechanical fault in either the cable (more likely)
or the card's connector. Sounds like the act of unplugging and replugging
the connection creates enough vibration to re-establish the connection.

If this is consistently happening only at one PC, this is almost certainly
your problem. My first effort would be to replace the RJ-45 connector at
that end, or replace the entire cable. Which is easiest depends on how much
wire-pulling is involved. Faster and cheaper to replace the whole cable if
the machines are in the same room, but easier to replace the plug the more
rooms the two computers are apart.

If that doesn't work, my second guess would be a mechanical fault (bad
solder joint, bent RJ-45 connector pins, etc.) in the NIC itself. You might
also try re-seating the card, but we're getting into remote likelihoods at
this point.

------------------------------

From: Allin Cottrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Notepad for Linux?
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 20:19:02 -0400

AngryMob wrote:

> pico? or for you linux diehards, there's vi.

nedit.  Notepad on serious steroids.  Compile yourself
with Lesstif, or painlessly download a static binary
from the good folks at lanl.gov.

Allin Cottrell.

------------------------------

From: "Bill Guenthner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: I've got a PCI Winmodem...
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 17:19:54 -0400

You can buy Quake for Linux and CivII for Linux at CompUSA. And keep in
mind: Would a intelligent and highly motivated person be working as a sales
clerk at Best Buy (or CompUSA)? I don't think so.

------------------------------

From: "Roch Plamondon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.x
Subject: Re: xfs on Redhat 6.0
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 01:22:52 GMT

i just tried this jim
and i have still no improvements.  Maybe damages are done with the commands
i describeed in the first message.  It's almost incomprehensive that
something like that happened. There should be at least a batch file to do
all that for the user and documentation in the help pages to help new users.
And i made what was indicated under my xfs search in the www.redhat.com
sites.   ooof

--
Roch Plamondon

Jim Ross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a 閏rit dans le message :
9_nB3.561$[EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Terry Porter)
Subject: Re: Yggdrassil (was Re: Made my own "live CD" at last!  Works great, too :-)
Date: 9 Sep 1999 09:06:38 +0800

On Wed, 08 Sep 1999 22:53:22 +1000,
 Erik de Castro Lopo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Sitaram Chamarty wrote:
>>
>> On 7 Sep 1999 10:00:51 +0800, Terry Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I guess Yggdrassil, should really be the "Redhat" of Linux ?
>> >
>> >I often get twinges of nostalgia, and want to re run my old Yggdrasil cd, but
>> >then this pc, never gets rebooted.
>>
>> Whatever happened to them?  I started with Slackware in early 95,
>> but I had heard of them even then...
>
>Yeah my first distribution was Yggdrassil. It was early 1995 and it was
>set up for me by a friend. Whatever happedn to them?
>
>Erik
Theyre still around, just not doing distos anymore I think.

It's a pity cause there's heaps of nostalgia value for me in my Fall1993
Yggdrassil 0.99.13 kernel, with its user manual, ram based, cd based or
hdd based install.

In 93 it booted up flawlessly, the only problem was me, (clueless);-)

Hey Yggdrassil, how about it?????
I'll buy your latest disto, If you produce one :)))

Kind Regards
Terry
--
**** To reach me, use [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ****
   My Desktop is powered by GNU-LINUX, and has been

From: Pas Moi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 22:20:31 GMT

>> "DR" == Donovan Rebbechi wrote on 8 Sep 1999 18:38:45 GMT:

>> - comfortable publish function

DR> man ncftp

sitecopy is nice little application for maintaining remote sites,
though ftp works just fine, too.

ciao,

g.y.

--
Guy Yasko -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] [remove noise]

I have the power to HALT PRODUCTION on all TEENAGE SEX COMEDIES!!

------------------------------

From: Allin Cottrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: i broke my libraries!
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 20:25:41 -0400

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I think I broke a few of my libraries. When I try to compile Glib 1.2.3
> (for Gtk), I get a lot of undefined reference to a lot of things
> starting with _pthread. When I try to compile WindowMaker, I get
> undefined reference to something in libX11. This all started after I
> installed glibc2.11 (i'm using slackware, it only came with libc 5)

It may be time to back up your personal files and re-install Linux.
Updating in situ from libc5 to libc6 (glibc) is a non-trivial
exercise, requiring scrupulous attention to well-informed
directions, e.g.

http://www.imaxx.net/~thrytis/glibc/Glibc2-HOWTO.html

You could also look in the archives at

http://www.ecn.wfu.edu/glibc-linux-archive

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics

------------------------------

From: John O'Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: FIXED: KDE: Backspace deletes chars to the RIGHT of cursor.
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 00:34:08 +0000

Robert Kiesling wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, jos  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Hi,
> > I have just installed RH6.0 and using KDE 1.1.
> >Whenever I am editing text (eg, in KEdit, or the URL box
> >in Netscape), the Backspace key deletes characters to
> >the RIGHT of the cursor position, rather than to the LEFT.
> >
> >Is it possible to change this behaviour? I want chars to the
> >LEFT to be deleted.
>
> In the "keyboard" section of the /etc/XF86Config file, you should
> see the configuration that X is using for your keyboard.  The
> options that you can use there are listed in the XF86Config
> man page, and the man page for your X server.  The "xkeycaps"
> program, which is on metalab.unc.edu (I think) can also help
> if none of the standard options and layouts seem to work.
>
> Robert Kiesling

Hi, Robert,
 Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.  The distribution I was
installing was
Mandrake 6.0. I got all the major bits working (sound, X, modem,
Internet
connection) no bother. But this problem with the Backspace key not
working
was driving me nuts. I was going to uninstall it.
However, I finally resolved the problem as follows:
. Copy the file: /usr/doc/AnotherLevel-0.9/Sample.Xmodmap
  to  /etc/X11/xinit   and rename it to: .Xmodmap
. Restart X
I hope tthis may help somebody else.

Cheers
John.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Aram Iskenderian)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.qnx,comp.sys.amiga.misc
Subject: Re: Amiga, QNX, Linux and Revolution
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 01:20:45 GMT

On Wed, 08 Sep 1999 21:10:51 -0400,
In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (K. C. Lee) wrote:

>Aram Iskenderian wrote:
>>
>> Sorry this is incorrect, you have to enable active desktop, and it
>> works.
>
>Nope.  I have Win 95 OSR2 WITHOUT IE4 or 5. The left-shift RMB still
>works on my setup.

Perhaps I wasn't clear, I was referring to the other "Internet explorer
doesn't have this" statement.

--

Aram Iskenderian.
To email, hit reply, check the email address and add "r" somewhere.

------------------------------

Subject: Mail bomb
From: "Noah Roberts (jik-)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 08 Sep 1999 17:33:39 -0700

I need help tracking down a script kiddy bitch who has been sending me
majordomo subscription notices.  The messages used to come from
ms.e-lists.com.cn but I sent to POSTMASTER and it seemed to block that
rout.  Now they are comming from e-lists.lawton.com.cn which I also
just sent to the POSTMASTER on THAT host.  Obviously this is going to
continue until the idiot gets bored or e-list enhances their security
...at which point I am sure they will find another way but maybe it
will slow it down for a while.

I would really like to track this asshole down though so I can take a
more formal type of action against this....like contacting their ISP
about it.  Unfortunately I am not sure how to go about this...not
enough info seems to be in the header of the message, though I did see
some interesting parts:

to [EMAIL PROTECTED] using -f

The rest is just travel.

They are doing it the same way as before, only to a different server.
The messages come in two types:

1)

成功。

and 2)

****此电子邮件地址已经注册zw-xy1列表

Notice the zw-xy1 in the gibberish...looked at it in a hex editor but
it doesn't seem to mean anything that I can see.  The subject is
always:
 Majordomo 的返回结果

I have asked the POSTMASTER to tell me if they find out who it is, I
am sure they would like to know since it is their network being abused
as well....but if there are any things I can do to find this person I
would like to know what they are so I can.  Right now it is a minor
neucance...but I can see it becoming a major issue in the future.

------------------------------

From: Leon Garde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: garbage collection
Crossposted-To: aus.computers.linux,alt.os.linux,alt.uu.comp.os.linux.questions
Date: 9 Sep 1999 09:48:27 -0800

In alt.uu.comp.os.linux.questions Aaron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I notice thru xosview that my 128Mb worth of RAM gets eaten up pretty
> fast, esp when Netscape Communicator is running.  but shutting down
> netscape components & many other progs dun seem to release the mem back
> to the original state when I 1st startx (& I keep it running for days).

> more than half is being used for buffering & caching.  I'm very sure
> Linux has better mem management than Windows, so how can I free up those
> areas?.

you dont have  a problem to start with,
except you are trusting xosview...

if you look at the output of "free" you see more data.

corona:~$ free
Mem:         63156      61108       2048      27480       9280      16892
-/+ buffers:            34936      28220
Swap:        66540       4320      62220

the -/+ buffers line is the data you are wanting.

See, the mem: line includes the buffers  and cache as used,
but the -/+ buffers line  treats them  as being "free".
(that means you subtract the buffer/cache usage from the used column
        and add it to the free column .. -/+  )

when you  get used to the output of "free", you will be able to
interpret the output of xosview better ...

leon

------------------------------

From: "sculpin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: linux.redhat.misc,alt.os.linux.redhat
Subject: Re: Kernel xconfig errors
Date: 9 Sep 1999 01:34:52 GMT

Bill -

I don't (alas) have a fix. In the early Slackware days
I was able to build a kernel without any particular
problems.

No longer.  I'd like to see some reference tables that
said something like this for people like me:

  "If you're planning on running 'make menuconfig' you'll
  have to have xx.x, yy.y and maybe even zz.z installed."

Until then, we'll probably have to scan the config files
to see what they're expecting to find in the way of
utilities.

Bill Sorenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
: Now that I am just about finished ripping the last of my hair from my
: head, it seem like a good idea to ask someone what I am doing wrong.

: ... After installing the make rpm I am now
: able to do a "make config", but not a "make menuconfig" or "make
: xconfig".  Everytime I run either, I get a list of gcc errors and then I
: am dumped back at a prompt.  I belive that I just haven't loaded a
: something important or I am doing something wrong.  I could get by on
: the "make config", but I am prone to errors and would like something a
: little easier to use.
: ...

:
: The following is an error message posted when using "make xconfig":
: rm -f include/asm
: ( cd include ; ln -sf asm-i386 asm)
: make -C scripts kconfig.tk
: make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux/scripts'
: gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -c -o tkparse.o
: tkparse.c
: make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux/scripts'
: make[1]: gcc: Command not found
: make[1]: *** [tkparse.o] Error 127
: make: *** [xconfig] Error 2
:
: I get roughly the same error message with make menuconfig.
:

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (K. C. Lee)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.qnx,comp.sys.amiga.misc
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 21:10:51 -0400

Aram Iskenderian wrote:

> Sorry this is incorrect, you have to enable active desktop, and it
> works.

Nope.  I have Win 95 OSR2 WITHOUT IE4 or 5. The left-shift RMB still
works on my setup.

Why the heck that this is not the default thing ???

> Aram Iskenderian.

K. C. Lee

------------------------------

From: Adrian Hands <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup,comp.lang.java.help
Subject: Re: Installing Java3D on Red Hat Linux 6.0
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 21:44:36 -0400

Robert S Laramee wrote:

> Hello out there,
>
> I am having some problems installing java 3D on my Red Hat Linux 6.0 OS.
>
> In the README file it says:
>
>   "This version of Java 3D for Linux requires the following:
>     - Recent version of MesaGL, typically available from your Linux
>       distribution
>     - Java2 SDK 1.2 for Linux .  This can be obtained from
>         http://java.blackdown.org"
>
> 1.  I downloaded Mesa-3.0 from www.mesa3d.org.  I ran the makefile with
>
> [rlaramee@panama Mesa-3.0]$
>
> and it seemed to compile fine (with a buch of warnings).
> However, when i tried to run one of the demos e.g.:
>
> [rlaramee@panama demos]$ bounce
>
> I get the following error:
> GLUT: Fatal Error in bounce: visual with necessary capabilities not
> found.
>
> Does anyone know what I should do here?
>
> 2.  When I try to run one of the java3d demos e.g.:
>
> [rlaramee@panama HelloUniverse]$ java HelloUniverse
>
> I get the following error:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/j3d/utils/applet/MainFrame
>  at
> [rlaramee@panama HelloUniverse]$
>
> I don't see this directory anywhere on my system.  Is there something
> I'm missing (obviously)?  Is this because java3d expects the root user
> to do
>
> the installation? Any help anyone could provide would be much
> appreciated.

Bounce doesn't work with my system either - it requires indexed color
mode.
If I comment-out the three glIndexi() calls and the three glutSetColor()
and change GLUT_INDEX to GLUT_RGB in the glutInitDisplayMode() call, it
compiles and runs in B&W.

The gears demo works nicely though.  I've been tinkering around with
that one.

I've got Mesa 3.1 on my system - I don't remember where I d'loaded it,
but you might try:
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~brianp/Mesa.html

I haven't tried the java3d, but the class you're missing should be in a
.jar file that you probably need to d'load from java.sun.com

http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/3D/java3d-regis.html

Find the .jar file and put it in your $CLASSPATH.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Guy Macon)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.qnx,comp.sys.amiga.misc
Date: 08 Sep 1999 18:38:35 PDT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Paul E. Bell) wrote:

>I have also gotten fed up with Windows' "help" system.  Everything I
>have looked up in it has either been missing, or had just the briefest
>of answers which does not relate to the information I am looking for.  I
>have only gotten one, barely useable answer from Windows' Help.  Such is
>the life of a Microsoft slave.  Oh may I be freed by the AmigaNG.

You will be "happy" to know that Microsoft has figured out how to make
the awful Windows help system ... *Even Worse*!!!  MS Office now has
these cute little animated paper clips.. they are TERRIBLE!.  And they
are coming to a Windows 2000 system near you soon.

------------------------------

From: "Matt Anderson" <fuckoff>
Subject: Re: Samba Problem - Passwords for Everything HELP!
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 08:54:49 +1000

Did you add the user family to your smbpasswd file?  Also - I've found SWAT
really good for administering Samba.  Edit your inetd.conf file so that the
swat service, right at the bottom, isn't commented out.  Then from your
Windows 98 PC you should be able to browse to the IP address:901, eg.
http://10.0.0.2:901, and do your Samba administration from there.

Matt

BJW7TOAEM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>      I am just trying to set up a simple network between the computer in
my
> room and the family computer in the living room.  The computer in my room
is
> Red Hat Linux 6.0 with Samba 2.0.3.  The family computer is running
windows 98
> and I login as Family with a password as family.  I can browse the Linux
box
> and I can browse and see the list of shares that i have availible but when
I go
> to click on one of them it asks for a password and I type in family.  But
it
> comes back as invalid password.  I set up a user on the Linux box: Family
with
> a password as family but it still does not help at all.  I don't know what
is
> wrong or what I am doing wrong or anything like that.  Please help!
Thanks in
> advance for your help and if you need more information just e-mail me.
Here is

------------------------------

From: Mackis Tiflidis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: linux.redhat.misc
Subject: Re: starting KDE on Redhat 6
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 00:08:01 +0200

The easiest way is to choose options at the grafic loginpromt and choose KDE
from there and you start in KDE automaticaly next time you choose whatever you
whant from the list.

Regards
Mackis Tiflidis

------------------------------

From: Chris Mahmood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: General Rant from a Linux Newbie
Date: 08 Sep 1999 14:08:07 -0700

K. Bjarnason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > Repeat after me:
> > Linux is not windows.  Linux is not Windows.  Linux is not Windows.
>
> Silly me; I thought Linux was being touted (by the hypsters, at least)
> as the Windows Killer - the latest and greatest desktop OS for the
> masses, the one that'll wipe MS out (or at least give them some
> competition).
>
> Nice to know the hypesters are just that - full of hype.
Frankly, I've never understood why someone who knows nothing about
Unix would want to use Linux.  It's one thing if they *want* to learn
or are looking for a cheap way to brush-up on development skills, but
if you actually like the MS way of doing things you will be sorely
disappointed with Unix or Linux.  Just my opinion, but I'll slip my
asbestos gloves on anyway.
-ckm

------------------------------

From: Joseph Crowe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 17:46:45 -0500

Hi Rich, Andrew, et. al.,
On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Richard Steiner wrote:

> Here in comp.os.linux.misc, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Andrew Onifer)
> >On Mon, 6 Sep 1999 14:16:04 -0700, K. Bjarnason
> >>Yes, yes, *you* like command-lines and switches.  So do *I*.  About 98%
> >>of the desktop users out there do NOT; they want it point-and-click
> >>easy; compare your method above to "click on setup.exe or the .EXE file
> >>you just downloaded."
> >
> >Then they shouldn't be using Linux.
>
> Very well stated.  If people don't like the command line, then Linux is
> *NOT* an appropriate operating system for them at this time.

   That's not necessarily the case, Rich.  One of the nice things about a
Linux or any other Unix system relates to the basic assumption that the
system architecture supports a multiuser environment, not as a hack like in
Windows, but from the getgo.  In such a case, the person who administers
the system may need to know the goodies, but the naive user need only know
how to login and enter her or his password to do exactly the same types of
things she or he does under Windows, but in a much more (potentially)
reliable framework.  I say potentially here because much of the reliability
from the naive user's POV depends on the skill of the admin.  Case in
point, my girlfriend can log into Linux and do the same types of things she
does under Windows, but she has no idea what the advantages are of Linux...

> --
>    -Rich Steiner  >>>--->  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  >>>---> Bloomington, MN

   By the way, have you done much indepth with BeOS????

Joseph Crowe
http://www.io.com/~jcrowe
email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

From: "B.Becking" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.linux.development.apps,comp.os.linux.development.system,comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: make linux disk only one
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 03:04:42 +0200

>Manut wrote:
>>
>> who recommend to me about seft make linux disk ?
>> thank you.
>
>I hate to be chauvinistic about my native tongue, but a question
>posted in a garbled form of English is not going to be understandable
>to anyone, native English speaker or not.   If one does not know
>much English, it might be better to post the question in one's
>native language and hope a speaker of that language is reading
>the newsgroup.
>
>--
>
>Leonard Evens      [EMAIL PROTECTED]      847-491-5537

Manut's english isnt to good, true, but does that mean he should refrain
from using english ?? Your native tongue is, de facto, the lingua franca of
the internet, and thats precisely the reason you cant go around telling
people not to use it (or at least try to use it). If you cant be bothered,
thats fine, just dont answer.

Boudewijn

------------------------------

From: fred anger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: NIC stops responding
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 22:47:20 GMT

I'm having a problem on 2 Linux machines where the NIC seems to just
stop responding.  What's bizzare is the fix:  unplug the cable from the
hub, then plug it back in.  Before unplugging the cable, the link light
on the hub is out.  Plugging the cable back in, the link light comes
back on, and traffic flows through the NIC again.  Both NICs are 3Com
3C905 Boomerangs.  Any ideas?

--
  fred anger
  http://www.triib.com/anger/