Hi Stas, thanks for the reply.

Slow is a nuisance, but it isn't terminally slow.

The showstopper is the mouse behaviour. What happens is this. When the mouse
reaches the edge of the autotrax screen, autotrax pans, and moves its own
mouse cursor back to the middle of the screen.
Meanwhile the Xmouse is still at, or off, the edge of the Xwindow containing
xdos

Would it be possible to make an xdos session run fullscreen?
- on a specific desktop (which we aren't using for anything else)
- without borders, widgets etc. (since we are full screen we don't need any of
that)
- with the xwindows mouse disabled/hidden (since autotrax is doing all its own
mouse display)

Assuming the mouse problem is solvable, is there a way to rewrite the autotrax
driver to make it faster when using the xdos screen?

As I had another look at it I also notice that the vesa drivers for 1024x768
and smaller work properly.
The 1280x? driver appears to have an address wrap around on screen, and the
1400x1050 driver crashes

regards
Simon