On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:53:38PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> All my DOS application can't do is toggle 2 pins of the par-port.
> No interupts.      dosemu-1.1.99 as root, won't do it, even with
> editing dosemu.conf to:
>      $_ports { device /dev/lp1 fast range 0x378 0x37f } # lpt1
> and other combinations

You don't want to use the lp device.  In fact, it will work better if
you remove the lp and all parport drivers before using dosemu.  I can
use the parallel port with:

1) removed all linux parallel port support (lp,ppdev,parport_pc,parport)
2) $_ports = "range 0x3bc,0x3be range 0x7bc,0x7be" and $_irqpassing = "7"
3) sudo dosemu

This is for a port at 0x3bc.  The 0x7bc range is the ECP registers,
which are usually unnecessary but in my case they were (even though ECP
DMA mode cannot be used under dosemu).  ECP control register is used to
set the parallel port's mode from spp to tristate on some chips that
boot up in spp mode.

If you are not using the interrupt, then you do not need irqpassing.
I was unable to get anything to work until removing the linux pp
drivers, probably because (Stas said) dosemu checks /proc/ioports for
already used port ranges by linux drivers and refuses to use them again.

--
Ryan Underwood, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>