I'm running RH8.0 and seek a way of switching window managers without
changing the existing default. I could write ~/.xinitrc and with a
line represting the name of my intended wm, but prefer switching from
command prompt.

I installed a window manager and verified that it's in the path of
both root and user.

My older directions suggested that I pass the name of the wm executable
to the xstart command. I tried this, but xstart does not recognize the
option, and I don't see any option that accepts a window manager as
its value.

So I tried running xinit the same way, but that was not the way to go,
either.

I'm running RH8.0 and seek a way of switching window managers without
changing the existing default.

Haines Brown