> Try reinstalling the ``gnome-panel'' RPM, or if that doesn't
> work, uninstalling and then reinstalling it.  This RPM
> manages the Panel's basic stuff, including the desktop
> switcher.
>
> You'll need (to specify the location of the) the RPM file,
> of course.

I tried that, but there was a large number of dependencies that would
require me to uninstall a range of applications, and I've little hope
that I could get things working again.

It would be a lot cleaner just to uninstall the desktop
switcher/pager. But I need the name of its executable. I've asked
around, and no one seems to know. Is it an application, an applet, or
integrated into gnome2? What is the gnome-panel configuration file
that specifies whether the pager gets loaded?

Haines Brown