> Hello Haines,Im using IceWm as well from very few days and I simply run:
>
> xinit /usr/local/bin/icewm --:0
>
> from terminal when I'am here on my RHL-7.3 box,or even run:

Thanks Marco, but I managed to get myself into trouble. When runing
IceWM, I was using its panel at the same time as gnome's desktop
switcher. They seemed to get along, but unfortunately, they had
conflicing keybindings, and as soon as I typed a key that had
conflicting purposes, X crashed.

I got X working and am now back in gnome to start again. However, I
seem to have damaged gnome desktop switcher because panel crashes as
it is loaded. I need to configure gnome not to run the desktop switcher,
but don't know how to do it.

Do you happen to know the name of the gnome desktop switcher
executable and its configuration file? Do you know which panel file
calls the desktop switcher? I'm caught in a gnome panel crash loop,
and so was forced to use another account (root has same trouble as
regular user) in order to use X apps.

Haines Brown