Hi Folks

I have been using linux for maybe just inder a month, and I am starting
to notice that I am lacking in a few aspects, comapred to when i was
using windows. I have asked  various people on IRC, and freinds using
linux, but to no avial, so you guys are next on my port of call list.

What I am looking for is a some software advice. I have the basic setup
running salckware 3.5 with 2.0.35 kernel and fvwm95.

I am looking for some utils/apps/spftware that will help me. For
example, if I was running win95 you would probably tell me to get
winzip, adobe reader, msoffice etc.

I am looking for preferably free software(I know most software is free
on linux, but some such as OSS and wordperfect arn't)

I am looking for a good Word processor,spreadsheet (like MSOffice, is
WYSIWYG)
an  X Based FTP client (Like cute ftp, ie point and click)
good sound software, (ie Mp3 player/encoder, wav recorder etc)
scanner software
graphics progs
and any other little program you find invaluable, or think someone would
find useful on their system. I am primarily looking for X based
software, as it is easily just now.

Also perhaps a good HTML prog, like netscape composer but better ( I use
Visual Page on win95)

Thanks in advance :)

Phil
The Miracle Express