I hope that this isnt going off topic, but I have a sendmail question...

Actually it might be more of a general mail question.

I have mail working on my linuxbox. Send and receive ok with not probs at
all. But now I want to setup an "Autoresponder" so that when someone emails
one of the accounts, it gives a notification that the message has been
received.  I did some reading in a sendmail book that I have, and I did
some tweaking of the /etc/aliases file. But no luck.

Has anyone gotten this to work, and how?

Thanks in advance!

Jim
Jim Kehoe

Technical Support
StarNet, Inc.
MegaPOP - Wholesale Nationwide Internet Service
http://www.megapop.net/          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone:  1-888-212-0099                        fax:  847-963-1302
Network Ops Center (Toll-Free Support): 877-MEGANOC