On Fri, 04 Jun 1999, David Leaumont wrote:
> I have a Cheap Bytes distribution.  I have tried many
> ways to make a boot disk and can't do it because of an
> interesting problem.  The latest and least omplicated
> way was to download from metalb.unc and put it
> directly on an empty disk.  Well the image is 1.40MB
> and a floppy (formatted) hold 1.38MB.  What can I do
> to rectify this.  I have tried to reformat the disk
> but had no  success there.  Any ideas?  Thanks in
> advance.
> Regards-Dave

You should be able to make a boot disk directly off of the cheapbytes
disk. Read the README file for instructions how. A formatted disk holds
1.38M but an unformatted one doesn't. When creating a boot disk, you use
RAWRITE.EXE, which ignores the formatting and makes a raw image of the
boot disk.

--
Arandir...