I believe that vgetty CANNOT do this. It doesn't do text-to-sound
translation, just records and plays back sound files (using the capabilities
of a voice-enabled modem to do so). It's intended to be used to make a Linux
host a full-fledged answering machine (since it works with mgetty to
distinguisd and handle voice, fax, and data dial-ins).

At 05:00 PM 7/31/99 +0530, Gerry Mascarenhas wrote:
>I had posted a query somewhat similar.I had asked that can I dial from
>an ordinary telephone instrument into my computer and hear my e-mail
>read out to me and also can this be setup for a group of users.
>
>There are several programs available under Windows.The better known one
>is the e-mail reader  from Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products NV.
>
>Can vgetty do something like this.I am still not sure if this can be
>done using vgetty
[older stuff deleted]
Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]