On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, David Krings wrote:

> > This is *BAD* under RH 6.  Besides, KDE isn't installed in /opt/kde under
> > Red Hat 6.
> >

>  But why is it *bad* ?? Just interested.

Because under Red Hat 6 (which I do believe the original inquirer
specified as the version of Linux that they are using), Red Hat sets
everything up for itself, in Red Hat customized scripts.  Therefore,
usekde and other KDE utilities do not know what they are doing, in
relation to those scripts.  You have to use the standard Red Hat interface
for this, /etc/sysconfig.

Michael B. Trausch                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  You can reach my website whenever I am online: http://fd0man.myip.org
     Windows NT:  "Your mouse has moved.  Reboot to apply changes?"