Support for parallel ports changed between Linux kernel 2.0.x ( used in RH
5.2) and kernel 2.2.x (used in RH 6.1). I believe what you need to add is
"parport" support by way of modules ... but I imagine the someone who
actually uses a parallel port can be more definitive here.

As to the book ... if it is copyrighted before 1999, it won't help you with
the details of RH 6.1. It won't be covering Linux kernel 2.2.x, and there
are a *lot* of changes.

At 07:45 PM 1/14/00 +0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have installed RH 6.1 and it does not want to print. I have RH 5.2 on a
> second hard disk and no problem with printing.
>
>  When I use printtool with RH 6.1 it does not detect any /dev/lp?. The
> printer I have installed is Epson LQ-300....

> I followed exactly all the instructions as outlined in Chapter 20,
> Printing of the book Read Hat Linux Unleashed.

Palo Alto, CA                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]