All these systems were running OMSA 8.2.0 until the last monthly update. They updated all the srvadmin-* packages starting yesterday and are now in this state.

Most of my other systems updated and I had to manually restart using srvadmin-services.sh and then a restart of snmpd to get the OMSA monitoring working again.

Note in the original email on one system I did remove all srvadmin packages, moved the /opt/omd directory and reinstalled srvadmin-all from scratch with no change in behavior.

On 03/22/2016 09:07 AM, rajkumar_...@dell.com wrote:

*Dell - Internal Use - Confidential *

Hello,

Can you share the OpenManage Version used, Operating System version in use and PowerEdge Server in use.

Is this a fresh installation of OpenManage or Upgrade from any earlier OpenManage installation.

Thanks

Rajkumar

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Stephen Berg (Contractor)
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 6:18 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] srvadmin 8.3.0 problems with dsm_sa_datamgrd

Got a couple of systems that just won't start the dsm_sa_datamgrd service. This is breaking my monitoring setup (OMD/check_mk).

[root@sage ~]# srvadmin-services.sh status dell_rbu (module) is running ipmi driver is running dsm_sa_datamgrd is stopped dsm_sa_eventmgrd (pid 11571) is running dsm_sa_snmpd (pid 11594) is running dsm_om_shrsvcd (pid 11640) is running dsm_om_connsvcd (pid 11714 11710) is running

I've tried restarting, stopping and then starting. Rebooted the system, checked it for updates in the OS (SciLinux 7.2) and dsu, it's up to date for everything.

Removed all the srvadmin-* packages, moved /opt/dell to /opt.dell.bak and tried a "yum install srvadmin-all". The dsm_sa_datamgrd service still won't start.

I'm seeing this in /var/log/messages:
Mar 22 07:44:13 servername kernel: dsm_sa_datamgrd[786]: segfault at
7f921ce63388 ip 00007f92129c2591 sp 00007fff49cf1d50 error 4 in ld-2.17.so[7f92129b9000+21000]

--
Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator