Hi,

You can run a system without a swap device. But if you do 'swapoff -a'
_after_ a swap device failure, you are dead (if swap had any virtual
data stored in it.)

'swapoff -a' copies virtual data stored in the swap device to physical
memory before closing the device. This is much different than losing
access to the swap data due to a failure.

<>< Lance.