Hi

experience has shown that the disks in our HP machines live for round about 2 years
minimum and 5 years maximum, operating day by day.
The air condition within the machines is very different and belongs to the
surrounding; but I haven't seen any differences between the MTBF of hot and cold rooms
(maybe they are to close to each other here).

Mostly (the data disks) start to have read and write errors, which increase from week
to week.

Greetings, Dietmar