On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, James Manning wrote:
> It's bound to get brought up here, so we might as well do it now.
> The release certainly seems to indicate a feeling that the current s/w
> raid is lacking (I think most if not all of us would dsagree at least
> to a large extent)

Not at all.

Despite all the horn blowing, their "code" consists of html pages and perl
cgi scripts that manage standard software raid md devices and scsi disks
using the standard software raid tools.  There's no driver or other kernel
code there.

So this release really says that the software raid code is ready for prime
time...

-Andy