Hi,

On 07/23/2014 12:11 AM, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> I just had a dig through our boards.cfg, and compared it to our wiki and
> google.
>
> We have 69 unique devices in there, and i have categorized it according
> to how far along the NDH process they are. The results are pretty
> shocking, especially considering that devices, and android id strings,
> is how people find our wiki and thus our project. If you are not
> convinced, google for cubieboard, and check the third link.

First of all like Ian, I don't think this whole rename dance is
worth the trouble. Besides that some of the suggestions you are doing
are just completely wrong.

> Ok, no further action required (8):
> -----------------------------------
> Auxtek-T004
> Ippo_q8h
> HCore_HC860
> INet_86VZ
> INet_K70HC
> Linksprite_pcDuino3
> Mele_A1000
> mk808c_A20            -> no better name possible at this time.
>
> Should get renamed in boards.cfg (12):
> --------------------------------------
> A10-OLinuXino-Lime    -> Olimex_
> A13-OLinuXino         -> Olimex_
> A20-OLinuXino_MICRO   -> Olimex_
> Cubieboard            -> Cubietech_
> Cubieboard2           -> Cubietech_
> Cubietruck            -> Cubietech_
> K1001L1C              -> Inet_K100C
> Mini-X                        -> Pineriver_H24
> Mini-X-1Gb            -> Pineriver_H24_1G

The mini-x model is a generic model sold
by many different OEM-s not just Pineriver
prefixing this with Pineriver is contra productive
IMHO.

> mk802                 -> Rikomagic_MK802
> mk802-1gb             -> Rikomagic_MK802+
> mk802ii                       -> Rikomagic_MK802ii

Idem, I've a bunch of those and none of them have
the Rikomagic markings on them.

> Need work (22):
> ---------------
> A10s-OLinuXino-M      -> Also rename to Olimex_
> A13-OLinuXinoM                -> Also rename to Olimex_
> A20-SOM                       -> Also rename to Olimex_
> Coby_MID7042
> Iteaduino_Plus_A10
> Iteaduino_Plus_A20
> Gooseberry_A721               -> Also rename
> H6                    -> Also rename to Eearl H1026A
> Hackberry             -> Also rename
> Hyundai_A7HD
> Interra-3             -> Also rename
> INet97F-II            -> Also rename
> Megafeis_A08
> Mele_A1000G
> Mele_A3700
> mk802_a10s            -> Also rename to semitime g2.

No just no, this is the good old mark 1 mku802 casing,
with a different pcb in there, sold under a gazillion
different brands, these hdmi stick are in general just
known as mk802 without any brand attached to them.

E.g. I've one branded "cozyswan"

> PoV_ProTab2_XXL               -> Also rename to inet1
> qt840a                        -> Also rename to semitime qt840a

qt840a finds a lot more relevant google hits
then "semitime qt840a", these things are in general
sold a as a qt840a without mentioning any manufacturer name.

> Sanei_N90
> uhost_u1a             -> Also rename to smallart uhost1
> Wexler_TAB_7200
> zatab                 -> Also rename to gemei g9
>
> Full NDH needed, but rescuable, through google or logic (23):
> Auxtek-T003
> ba10_tv_box
> Coby_MID8042
> Coby_MID9742
> Colombus
> DNS_M82
> EOMA68_A10
> EOMA68_A20
> EU3000
> Jesurun-Q5
> Marsboard_A10
> Marsboard_A20
> merrii_m2
> Mini-X_A10s
> mk802ii_A20
> pcDuino                       -> Also Rename.
> pengpod1000           -> Rebadger.
> pengpod700            -> Rebadger.
> PoV_ProTab2_IPS9
> PoV_ProTab2_IPS_3g
> wobo-i5
> xzpad700              -> Good luck with that.
> OLIMEX-A13-SOM
>
> Zombies: rescue impossible (4):
> -------------------------------
> A10_MID_1GB
> A13_MID
> i12-tvbox
> r7-tv-dongle
>
> I find it truly astounding that we have 4 devices in our u-boot where
> no-one except the committer (who might have vanished already) has any
> way of identifying the device.

I find it astounding that you can find time for all this, but have
still not published your kms driver for the sunxi display engine,
priorities ?

Regards,

Hans