On Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 05:47:58AM -0700, Ivan Kozic wrote:
> Quick status update:
>
> Ok, so code and scripts and tools are a mess... Complete mess, there are 3x
> bootfs folders and some builds go to one, some to the other. Some don't go
> where they're supposed to go at all, and pack scripts don't seem to be
> aware of anything. So let's start. Your best bet is actually
> A20_SDK_20130319.tar.gz
> <http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/SDK/A20/A20_SDK_20130319.tar.gz>. Don't ask me
> why - I found it to be the friendliest to build (even though it ain't
> friendly at all). It's missing some stuff, mainly the build toolchain which
> should be under
> */lichee/boot/config/gcc-linaro
> <http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/SDK/A20/A20_SDK_20130319.tar.gz>*but this whole
> directory is missing. Just take it from another SDK like I did, or make
> some symlinks to what you have already.
> <http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/SDK/A20/A20_SDK_20130319.tar.gz>
>
> >From this SDK, I'm using pack script found under */lichee/boot/pack/ *-
> there's also one more at /lichee/tools/pack, but that one is a bit less
> friendly as far as I remember. Due to various issues (dragon version,
> missing rootfs links...), these scripts will fail building the image - but
> I have almost made it work by making some very unorthodox mods :) Anyway,
> I'll explain what I did once I'm finished and when it's all polished, but I
> guess it's not a bad idea for everyone to download this SDK and get to know
> it a bit before I make the official how-to. It's now very dirty with some
> ugly absolute paths and really not useable.
>
> What's quite important about this is that Boot0/1, *.AXF files and configs
> all need to be rebuilt and updated with whatever board config. The pristine
> files coming with this SDK are not useable (original boot.axf binary is
> booting to math_test(), as this was built from Boot1's BurnQC app which
> doesn't really look like it's doing anything - don't really know what this
> QC is used for...). Anyway boot.axf and sprite.axf both need to be rebuilt
> from sources. I've also modified and rebuilt the drv_de driver, since I had
> different GPIOs for LCD than the original file...
>
> If you're wondering what the heck I'm talking about - boot0 loads boot1
> which loads its "application". There are several different applications
> depending on where you're booting from, what do you want to do etc (not
> really clear for me either). For normal NAND boot flow, boot1 will load
> boot.axf (called also Boot_Android in sources) which will in turn load all
> the drivers and start u-boot. If you're booting from PhoenixCard, it will
> load sprite.axf (Card_Android in sources) and start with the firmware
> update.
>
> So... maybe now everything is a bit clearer - I'll clear the scripts/code
> and then post back, but it could take a while...
>
> Cheers!

Our wiki is just that, a wiki. Meant to be edited easily and often.

Instead of writing your insights into emails, you can also dump them
straight into the wiki, as you go along, and massage those into
something more useful and structured as you go along and afterwards, as
you see fit.

Luc Verhaegen.