On Monday 20 June 2005 1:25 am, mike lee wrote:
> Dear David
>     I attach the imx controller driver for 2.6.10, it should be fine to
> patch 2.6.11. I have to say sorry to david that giving you the code with
> nearly delay for 2 months.

Could you refresh it to apply on 2.6.12?  This obviously
won't apply ... the gadget drivers also know about two
more ARM based controllers, the s3c2410 and at91.

Also the Makefile and Kconfig changes should put these
at the end of the list, rather than in the middle ...

And you took a few not-so-good things from the pxa code;
please rename is_usb_connected() to is_vbus_present(),
and use pullup_on() and pullup_off() instead of calls to
make "USB" appear and disappear.  Those changes are in
the MM tree for the pxa25x driver and will be merged to
the 2.6.13 tree ... best abolish the old usage!

Along those lines, are you sure that "ep0_state" is a
good match for the iMX hardware?  I always think of it
as specific to the PXA model ... insufficient hardware
state and synchronization.

Using __DATE__ as a version code is troublesome, just
replace it with some number that can be increased by
hand at key milestones.

Is CONFIG_USB_IMX_SMALL actually worthwhile here?
For PXA it makes a difference in static code size
by removing almost all endpoints; here it's not
much of a win at all.  Best to remove it IMO.

>     Also , Please be reminded that it is only tested with file_storage
> and serial (w/o ACM). and please forgive my bad coding skill, i will
> refine the coding later.

If you want to see this merged, it'd be good to remove
some more of the FIXME entries.

Or if you want to just merge the infrastructure and
keep the UDC driver separate, that'd work too ... in
fact please split those parts out anyway.

- Dave