Carles Pina i Estany wrote:

I need to use serial device, but i am not able to use it. And the worst

What do you mean? Do you want to use the mx21 as an usb-to-serial adapter?

No, i have some program in mx21 that should be listening in
/dev/ttygserial and from Desktop computer I will "talk" to /dev/ttyUSB0
(to send some commands to mx21 via serial port). This is working using
Net2280 card without problems...

thing, is that i cannot see USB device driver on my host computer using
"lsusb" (i can see a Net2280 device driver, but not the MX.21 device).

I have been loading some modules (usb-drv, etc.) but without success.
Anybody is using USB device driver from MX.21 with this Kernel?
(I have tried with original configuration (mx2.config) and with my own
one...)

Maybe there is an ethernet gadget driver on top of the usb device controller driver. It would be good to know, which driver(s) are loaded

I think that no...

Oops, my fault. I thought of ethernet concerning the NET2280, but it's your USB-Host, sorry.

on the mx21. Can u give us some debug output, when your are loading the modules? You have to enable the usb device controller driver and a gadget driver (serial, ethernet, storage). Which modules do you have enabled in the config?

Now I haven't access to MX21 (I am not in the university). The modules

Too bad :(

wasn't related to USB, and then I tried to load (Freescale told us 3
weeks ago, but I was on holidays...):

usbdcore.o
mx2_bi.o

And no signal in lspci from Desktop.

Then I was trying usbd_drv.o, usbdrv.o, usb-mx2otg.o, mx2usbd.o without
success (I was loading and unloading to see if something happends...)

I think that only with USB device controller driver should appear on
Desktop lspci (because I am saying a VendorID and ProductID in Kernel
configuration)

It would be good to know, what the device driver says, when you load it. Does it successfully initialize or is something wrong ... I think it's better to stay on the device side (mx21), before looking to the host (your pc).

By the way. Why don't u use a newer kernel 2.6.x?

Torsten

--
 synertronixx GmbH
 Torsten Koschorrek