Hi Guennadi,

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 22:50:23 +0200 (CEST)
Guennadi Liakhovetski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

| On Tue, 9 May 2006, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
|
| > On Mon, 8 May 2006, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
| >
| > > Yes. I put a WARN_ON(1) next to ++open_count in both files and I still
see
| > > it every time I log in and out.
| >
| > Below is my current version of the patch. No idea in how far it is
| > generically acceptable... Works for me.
|
| At last I tried another usb-serial adapter (pl2303) without the patch
| below - login on ttyUSB0 (while having console configured) works. So, the
| patch below is wrong, the problem indeed is somewhere in ftdi_sio. OTOH,
| with pl2303 the whole boot-log is corrupted. Looks like the baudrate is
| not configured. But, I guess, with the switch to drivers/serial everything
| will change anyway, so, makes no sense to debug those problems further
| now.

 Actually, I'm afraid the switch will not happen anymore [1]. :(

 What's the problem with ftdi_sio? I've setup a serial console some
days ago and it worked just fine.

PS: Sorry, I tried to read the archives but this thread is immense.

[1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/6/22/63

--
Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino