Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> The patch we are talking about is not pretty, and I am not sure it is
> correct. But if you think it is I would appreciate your "Acked-by" under
> it:-)

The module locking may not be a big deal (if the driver
is used as a console then it is in kernel anyways?), but
I am clearly mixing up different
patches in my mind. A better understanding of why pl2303
works with only the console open, while ftdi requires
the second 'normal' open would probably result in a better
(or at least more justified) patch.

>>pl2303_set_termios requires a private initialization flag
>>to be set (priv->termios_initialized) or it will
>>default to 9600 N81 instead of using the termios
>>settings supplied by usb_console_setup.
>

> The patch below seems to fix it:-)

Cool, one more usable USB serial console.

--
Paul