Alan Stern wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Apr 2007, John Wojnaroski wrote:
>

>>Hi Alan,
>>
>>Thanks for working your way through my mess.
>>
>>I was trying a numer of ideas last night and things got a little convoluted.
>>
>>You've answered my question regards the CRC I sent before I saw your
>>reply.
>>
>>Think I know what the chip needs in the way of a msg data packet, but
>>probably the problem lays in my being able to provide the correct
>>parameters to form the urb and send it to the correct endpoint.
>>
>>It is a little frustrating learning a new topic and trying to ask the
>>right questions.  Thank you for help and patience.
>>

>I have found the most useful reference to be the official USB 2.0 spec,
>available from www.usb.org.  Particularly chapters 5, 8, and 9.
>
>If you can post a more-or-less complete Windows USB trace, we ought to be
>able to interpret it for you.  You can always use freely available
>programs like USB SnoopyPro (from sourceforge) to get such a trace.

Ok, here is a copy of the msg and data of the MS windows USB trace I
received from the vendor.  I'll talk with them tomorrow and see if they
can send an unedited trace of a complete packet.  Might be quicker than
trying to set up another usb sniffer for Windows.

John

--- "Dave with Hagstrom Electronics, Inc."
<;[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

---------------------------------
  OK, here's what we traced for the received setup
packet for a getstatus or report request command:

Byte 0 = 0x21
Byte 1 = 0x09
Byte 2 = 0x00
Byte 3 = 0x02
Byte 4 = 0x00
Byte 5 = 0x00
Byte 6 = 0x00
Byte 7 = 0x03
Byte 8 = 0x00

Command for get status:
Byte 0 = 0x02
Byte 1 = 0xFF (don't care)
Byte 2 = 0xFF (don't care)
An additional 2 bytes of CRC is received by us as
well.
Byte 3 = 0xDE
Byte 4 = 0X4F
Not sure if your routine automatically calculates that
and adds it tothe report buffer or if you need to do
it.  With Windows, thecalculation is automatically
performed and added to the message. Isuspect your USB
Host device automatically puts that in.

Command for Request Report:
Byte 0 = 0x01
Byte 1 = 0xFF (don't care)
Byte 2 = 0xFF (don't care)
then the checksum bytes:
Byte 3 = 0x2E
Byte 4 = 0X4F

Thanks,

Dave
Hagstrom Electronics, Inc.
www.hagstromelectronics.com

There are just two more commands 0x03 and 0x04 to set row and column masks of
an 16x8 switch matrix.

The response report consists of three bytes.  Silly question?  those are loaded
into the same buffer that is used by the outgoing command,
correct?  I could be doing something stupid like looking for the answer in the
wrong place!

John