Yes, Stephen kind of pointed that out, but the help in menuconfig
doesn't say what is required to make things work.  I just answered
previous Stephen's mail indicating that now the device is detected,
even after rebooting, however I can not make it mount a CD, besides
the fact it looks like now the unit is mapped to another device
(previously scd0, now looks like sda)...  This is what the help says:

x CONFIG_USB_STORAGE_USBAT:
  x Say Y here to include additional code to support storage devices
  x based on the SCM/Shuttle USBAT/USBAT02 processors.
  x Devices reported to work with this driver include:

  x - CompactFlash reader included with Kodak DC3800 camera
  x - Dane-Elec Zmate CompactFlash reader
  x - Delkin Efilm reader2
  x - HP 8200e/8210e/8230e CD-Writer Plus drives
  x - I-JAM JS-50U
  x - Jessops CompactFlash JESDCFRU BLACK
  x - Kingston Technology PCREAD-USB/CF
  x - Maxell UA4 CompactFlash reader
  x - Memorex UCF-100
  x - Microtech ZiO! ICS-45 CF2
  x - RCA LYRA MP3 portable
  x - Sandisk ImageMate SDDR-05b

  x Symbol: USB_STORAGE_USBAT [=y]
  x Prompt: USBAT/USBAT02-based storage support (EXPERIMENTAL)

  x   Defined at drivers/usb/storage/Kconfig:71
  x   Depends on: USB_STORAGE && EXPERIMENTAL
  x   Location:
  x     -> Device Drivers
  x       -> USB support
  x         -> Support for Host-side USB (USB [=y])
  x           -> USB Mass Storage support (USB_STORAGE [=m])

Please refer to previous mail I sent for the errors in the previous
mail...  So it's not just a matter of replacing sub-drivers, at least
it doesn't work out of the box...

Thx,

Javier.