On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Nick Rout wrote:

> On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 16:36:26 +1200 (NZST)
> Philip Charles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I am in the process of developing a customised Knoppix for installing
> > Debian.  At the moment it lacks documentation and a modem driver for a
> > PCMCIA (notebook) modem.  It is designed specifically for "no experience"
> > people who want to install GNU/Linux.
>
> I found the knoppix hard disk installer very good. the problem was
> updating via apt. the /etc/apt/sources.list was just not right, comes
> from mixing stable/unstable/testing I believe. It ruined it for me and I
> went to gentoo.
>
> Hope you manage to get it right Phil :-)

At the moment 3.3 is quite good.  There are a few packages that need to be
reinstalled, OOo being a good example.  I have managed to script the
instalation a couple pci modem drivers and I am waiting on a pcmcia modem
to attack.

Phil.

     [EMAIL PROTECTED] - preferred.          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz