On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:29:03 -0800 (PST)
begin  Net Llama <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spewed forth:

[snip]

> errr...i don't have a 'cardinfo'.

it's part of the pcmcia-cs package, but to build it you need xforms
(perhaps no xforms for Mac? -- don't know)

> >  What do you have in /var/lib/pcmcia/stab?
>
> Socket 0: empty
> Socket 1: Anonymous Memory

not good.

> > What we need to do if find out what the card is telling cardmgr, and
> > make
> > sure one of the config files in /etc/pcmcia covers that product
> > number.
> > This will match up with a driver and load the serial_cs driver so you
> > can
> > use the card.
>
> I'll note that when i tried to load the serial_cs module manually with
> "modprobe serial_cs" it locked up the laptop hard.

did that w/ the i82365.  Same for the yenta_socket?

[snip]

> yea, i kinda figured this out, but my problem is that have anything to
> go on to put for the card and version fields.  Is it possible that this
> card just won't work in a PowerMac?  I thought that Macs needed special
> modems, like the Global Village ones.

Again, don't know the answer to this one.  However, seems if pcmcia-cs
builds, it should handle Mac just like i386.  Perhaps not.

Any Mac-specific info on the pcmcia-cs home page?

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                -- Nemesis Racing Team motto
Internet (H323) phone: 206.28.187.30