On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Net Llama wrote:

> The only thing is a reference to the memory range to exclude in
> config.opts, which i already got by default in the pcmcia-cs RPM that
> came with YellowDog.

Don't know if input from the "buggy" distro is welcome, but I don't recall
seeing the ranges/ports you are using. As another datapoint I use:

# System resources available for PCMCIA devices

include port 0x1000-0x1fff
include memory 0x90000000-0x9003ffff

On my Powerbook Lombard. I've succesffuly used a modem, ethernet card,
Compact Flash, and most recently, a firewire adapter.

For the PPC build I override the normal PCMCIA defaults with these values,
with a patch.

Did you isolate the source of your disk corruption? Just curious as I had
a serious run of similar behaviour around 2.4.16 on my build machine.

Stew Benedict