Actually its not the .src.rpm or the tarball thats at fault its me and my lack of
knowledge/memory.

I am trying to get linuxvideostudio to install but am stopped either in configure or
--rebuild by the
system not seeing GLIBC. The build stops at this point:-

checking for glib-config... /usr/bin/glib-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB was incorrectly installed
*** or that you have moved GLIB since it was installed. In the latter case, you
*** may want to edit the glib-config script: /usr/bin/glib-config
configure: error: Could not find glib-config

Yes /usr/bin/glib-config exists but has the generic pointer to glib set at /usr
as is the prefix=/usr. So what is it actually looking for to execute and supposedly
where.

I am using mandtake 8.1 at the moment, have no idea what its looking for or how I can
fix this
problem due to ignorance. I did install the 2.2.4-9 mandrake glibc, devel and profile,
is there
more that I need to install ? Shouldn't the initial install have installed glibc by
default ?

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161