On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 02:53:23PM +1000, Keith Antoine wrote:

>Ok you ain't got rid of me yet, so I found the spec file, and its short
>without anything in %build. So do I just copy what you sent me into that part
>of the file sna d save it, but how then do I insert the new specfile into the
>old src.rpm ??

What package is this?

When you make changes in a spec file, it's generally a good idea to
increment the Release number.  Make any changes necessary, then rebuild
including a new SRPMS.  I usually do this with:

        rpm -ba specfile 2>&1 | tee /tmp/rpm.test

This compiles and builds new binary package(s), and a new src.rpm file with
the changed spec file included.  It also leaves the complete output of the
build process in /tmp/rpm.test where you can examine it later to see what
happened during the build process.  I've been trying to build openldap for
Darwin this evening, and it's been an iterative process.  Build, see what's
missing, fix it, then try building again.

Bill

``Things in our country run in spite of government.  Not by aid of it!''
    Will Rogers