On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 09:49:45AM +1000, Keith Antoine wrote:

>Actually its not the .src.rpm or the tarball thats at fault its me and my
>lack of knowledge/memory.

>I am trying to get linuxvideostudio to install but am stopped either in
>configure or --rebuild by the system not seeing GLIBC. The build stops at
>this point:-
>
>checking for glib-config... /usr/bin/glib-config
>checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... no
>*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
>*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
>*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB was incorrectly installed
>*** or that you have moved GLIB since it was installed. In the latter case, you
>*** may want to edit the glib-config script: /usr/bin/glib-config
>configure: error: Could not find glib-config

>Yes /usr/bin/glib-config exists but has the generic pointer to glib set at
>/usr as is the prefix=/usr. So what is it actually looking for to execute
>and supposedly where.

There's a very good possibility that this is the result of differences in
the build system's autoconf, automake, libtool versions, and those on your
system.  All you may need to do is add a few lines in the %build section of
the SPEC file before it runs configure:
    libtoolize -c -f        # copies all the necessary files for libtool
    aclocal                 # update M4 macros
    autoconf                # create new ./configure file
    ./configure ...
    ./ltconfig ./ltmain.sh  # only if ./configure doesn't build new libtool

I haven't had to do this frequently on Linux, but it may well fix the problem.

Bill

``The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of
one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that
oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the
beginning if it is to be stopped at all.'' -- H. L. Mencken