Scribbling feverishly on May 09, Jay Nugent managed to emit:
> Greetings,
>
> On Thu, 9 May 2002, dep wrote:
>

>http://computerworld.com/softwaretopics/os/linux/story/0%2C10801%2C71003%2C00.html?nlid=AM
>
>    Gee... $15 Million in revenue is a "Bad Thing"(tm)???  Not the $18
> Million they expected.  What sort of P/E does the $15 mil represent?  I
> would have to say that is GOOD news in light of the number of Linux
> distributions that tanked in the last 12 months.

Except that they didn't earn that revenue on Linux. They earned it from
ongoing license revenue from OpenServer, a product that will eventually
go away and that is no longer being developed.

>    And I'm not at all suprised to hear they are cutting costs and letting
> go their Chief Technology officer.  They are long overdue to perform a bit
> of 'restructuring'...

Bzzt! Thanks for playing. They've been "restructuring" since 5 months
after they went public. The CTO was not the problem, IMNSHO. The CEO is
the problem. Or, to paraphrase Bubba, "It's the CEO, stupid!" (Or, "It's
the stupid CEO!").

Kurt
--
Micro Credo:
        Never trust a computer bigger than you can lift.