Hate to disagree but stock prices are a reflection of the company's
shape. Most company's hold stock off the market. This unsold stock is
considered an asset. For example hold a million shares off the market at
$10/share and you have $10 million in assets. Companies that go for long
periods with marking a profit and lack the funds to keep operating while
they develop new products or reorganization usually have to depend on
borrowed capital. The ten million in stock assets can be used to back
loans and get get loans at a lower rate. Let that stock drop to
$.50/share and your assets decline to $500,000 or a loss of $9.5
million. In Caldera's case there is not only the loss, but the Stock
Exchange usually delists stocks that drop below $1/share. Once delisted
the stock held becomes wall paper. No loans, no cash, close the store.
To keep this from happening about six months ago Caldera did a reverse
split of four old shares to one new. That drove the price of a share
over $2/share and now it's back to a low that can get it delisted if it
stay at that level very long. In all likelihood Caldera is gone, a
victim of mismanagement. Their only hope is to sell the company to some
one like Red Hat or $MS.