On Tuesday 04 June 2002 10:28 pm, Pam R enshrined in prose:

> Keith
>
> I see that you are putting the source in one directory
> (/build/qt-x11-free-3.0.4) and wanting the compilation results to go to
> another (/usr/lib/qt3).  This can be ok but the script that I posted
> earlier assumes that the source has been placed into /usr/lib/qt3 and that
> is also where you want the compiled stuff to end up. I find it easier to do
> it this way. YMMV
>
> Pam

This is what i did end up doing. However it was a memory thing as was the su
rather than root. I had not done a compile of either qt or kde for sometime
and little is made mention of where you are supposed to be, I had just
forgotten.

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161