On Wed, 5 Jun 2002 22:33:21 +1000
James McDonald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Jun 2002 7:37, you wrote:
> <snip>
> > Ok I will save that to a .sh script. However one thing you left out is
> > that I have to remember to be in root and not sued in <grin>.
> </snip>
>
> Is this because your on caldera? Because I did mine while sued in and now
> I am worried that I have messed up...

It does not get messed up. If you do not do an install (which qt really
does not support nor suggest).
If you put the qt directory in /usr/local (or wherever), set the environment
variables and do the config and build there, then all is ok. No matter who
you are. Of course, to put qt3 in /usr/local (or wherever) you may need to be
root. But no more after that. Just so you have write perms for the qt
directory and children.

--
| Roger Oberholtzer          |   E-mail:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |