On Tuesday 04 June 2002 10:19 pm, David A. Bandel enshrined in prose:

> The error message is pretty explicit.  They could, however, have just set
> it for you rather than dumping on you.

Grin. When they wite programs they do so without regard to geriatrics and
their penchant to forget.

> When you build QT, you have to have QTDIR point to the build directory.
> Simplest incantation here would be:
> export QTDIR=`pwd`;./configure <your options here>

Simple, yes! that is if you are in root first, er, hang on where was I.

> Once you build QT and move it where you want (/usr/lib/qt3), then you set
> QTDIR to _that_ location.

Mind you, this explanation has let me see more light than all the verbiage I
have seen previously. Do me a favour, because I am awaiting you book; Make
sure that you come from NO set of assumptions, and miss no steps so as I can
use it in 10 yrs time when I am 80.

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161