On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Net Llama! wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Ted Ozolins wrote:
> > boot up but finds it on the next boot) Redhat has become another M$ meaning
> > you can not just go to their site and upgrade packages. You have to register
> > on their site and create a profile with a list of installed packages (sound
> > familiar?) along with your name phone number address and then you'll get
> > bumped because the server is to busy to accommodate non-licensed users. Basic
> > printer setup sucks under RH 7.3.
>
> What??  I'm not at all sure what you're doing, but i have yet to have a
> single problem getting updates from ftp.redhat.com.  And i haven't
> registered or licensed a damn thing.  Even so, i dont' see how that makes
> them a M$.  They want to encourage people to buy their product, and
> register it.  How else would you suggest that they get any revenue?

I'd like to reiterate what Mr. Llama said.  I do the registration thing
because I think their product is worth it.  And updates.redhat.com has
never prevented me from getting the updates I need. Registered or not.

As for printing, wish I could say one way or the other.  I haven't setup
printing in a very long time.