Net Llama! wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Jim Bonnet wrote:
>

>>Net Llama! wrote:
>>

>>>Its downloading right now at about .5K/s.  High demand my ass.  More like
>>>insufficient supply.
>>>

>>there were over 4000 signups in 6hours and there is a 400 person limit
>>to the ftp site.
>>

>And how does that explain why my connection has been dropped over 15 times
>in teh past 2 hours?  Is there some sadistic QoS stuff going on?  FTP
>servers don't normally drop users for no reason.

Well.. You must be more blessed by the FTP gods than I because I've been
dropped by
both SuSE and RedHat's FTP servers in the past. Especially on the day
when the software
was announced available. Im not saying its right or wrong that you are
getting dropped but
my point is / was the site is busy.

Please also note the hops to the site you are downloading from..
Probably your answer
right there... I didnt have anything to do with the location! =o)

regards-
Jim