On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 10:13:41PM +1000, Keith Antoine wrote:
> As of midight tonight Australia is in a state of mourning for 24 hrs, for its
> dead and injured in Bali. The first body came back today, although 2 bad
> cases which were evacuated have since died, its the first from The list of
> dead and missing. Looks like we might have a total of 180+ dead.

[silence]

We shall remember them here, too. Monsters have started this; we shall
finish it. My sympathies to all y'all down under. We all stand together
in this, I should think.

> I guess that the signs have been there for many years, and East Timor did not
> enamour us with the Indoneasians. I came here from Enagland after spending
> from 6 to 26, either being in a war or fighting one. Now after 44 years it
> seems that it has once again found us.

Alas that there's no war to end all wars. The beast merely changes
clothing or location and good people everywhere are compelled to defend
themselves. We all pray or wish or yearn or strive for peace, and well
we should, but we must prepare for war.

Kurt
--
Cold, adj.:
        When the politicians walk around with their hands in their own