On Sat, Sep 13, 2003, joel wrote:
>There was a lot of correspondence generated by that essay.
>It would be nice if all linux advocates bothered to learn to use correct
>English grammar and spelling, but, such is life.

No worse than many teachers in the U.S. Government schools.

>Of more interest was the claim by one fellow that their switch to linux
>worked great until a couple of guys left who knew linux and then
>everything fell apart. He even claimed they got hit by viruses.
>Now, how can viruses affect linux if you are running the boxes properly?
>This one fellow sounded like he worked for a company that didn't have
>procedure manuals. In my place of work, a hospital, we have procedure
>manuals for every conceivable task.

The vast majority of my small-to-medium business customers running Linux
don't have any full-time IT staff.  We provide on-line support, and rarely
have to go on-site.

Bill

Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a refund from the IRS, which lasts until
you realize it was your money to start with.