quoth Squabsy:
| I am currently using SuSE 8.2 personal and apart from the now well
| documented problem I am havving recording Wavs I am getting on
| reasonably ok with it.
| I have read a lot  of favourable press recently about knoppix and
| wondered if anyone would care to comment on the realative
| advantages/disadvantages of Suse Vs Knoppix

knoppix is great as a bootable cd distribution, which is how many people
use it. if you're running a distribution you like and you're running it
for production purposes as opposed to fooling around, why consider
switching?

still, if you d/l and burn the knoppix cd, you can boot it and take a
look and see what you think -- that way, you can have both, as well as
a dandy way of demonstrating linux to others without having to install
it on their machines.

and if it turns out that you prefer it to suse, you can always install
it after you've driven it around the block, kicked the tires, seen how
many miles it gets per gallon, checked its nhtsa front- and side-impact
crash test results, and seen if it's ever been in a wreck.
--
dep

Whatever law is after, it is not the whole story.
                                -- Clifford Geertz