On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:18:00 -0400 (EDT)
Net Llama! <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Squabsy wrote:
> > I am currently using SuSE 8.2 personal and apart from the now well
> > documented problem I am havving recording Wavs I am getting on reasonably
> > ok with it.
> > I have read a lot  of favourable press recently about knoppix and
> > wondered if anyone would care to comment on the realative
> > advantages/disadvantages of Suse Vs Knoppix
>
> KNOPPIX Is debian based, SuSE is, well, SuSE.  I love KNOPPIX for recovery
> purposes, but i'd never use Debian on a regular basis.  The entire
> religious 'Gnu/Linux' zealotry combined with what i feel is completely
> stupid packaging give me a bad taste in my mouth from Debian.  I'm a huge
> Redhat fan, although i know some others on this list are not.

Just curious.  Has Redhat ever given up the philosophy "it's a new version, it
must be ready for prime time"?  I know they have released less than reliable
versions in the past.  Example, there is a new version of GCC that breaks a lot
of packages.  Is Redhat storming ahead with this like they did a couple of years
ago?

I'm pretty much isolated from this stuff on gentoo stable, but I read about lots
of grief from the early adopters.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the