Well, When I worked with Win9x I used to xcopy the system to another disk
or partition making sure I told it to copy empty subdirectories, and I had
view hidden files turned on.  I installed the new disk as a second disk,
did the copy and then I would take the new disk and put it place of the old
drive and boot.  The dd or tar commands might also work here (dd or tar to
another device or partition).

--
Brett I. Holcomb
[EMAIL PROTECTED]