Ken Moffat wrote:
Mike Reinehr wrote:

Rather than purchase commercial software, why not just use tar, cp, dd, or partimage?

Partimage will back up to a file, and restore a partition. Don't know about 'fat' partition support. I assume it's in there.

http://www.sysresccd.org/systools.en.php
looks like a nice set of tools that might help.

I'm not sure but if you setup the partition to copy to then tar the old partition over to the new one, that would get all the files over to the new drive. Before you do that make a recovery (or startup floppy) in win98. After using tar then you can move the new drive to hda position, boot from the floppy and then "sys c:" That would makr your C:\ bootable (in win98). I've never done this but I cant see why it wouldn't work. On the startup wintendo floppy there is format and fdisk. I imagine that you will be partitioning the new drive and formatting whi8le still running on the old drive. The rest should go smoothly.

--
Ted Ozolins (VE7TVO)
Westbank, B. C.