On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 18:05:48 +0100 Roger Oberholtzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 09:15:25 -0700
> Collins Richey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I'm one of those somebodies!  With Novell's customer network and SUSE's
> > fine linux products, this is a marriage made in heaven.  Eat your heart
> > out SCO!
>
> The following is meant with a mixture of humor and seriousness.
>
> This is the same Novell that bought Unix from AT&T and botched it? Our
> company has the good fortune of being the kiss of death to every Unix/Linux
> platform we have chosen. We have been wondering how SuSE was going down
> after we settled on it. Our 'heritage' for primary platform is:
>
> AT&T SVR4 -> AT&T SVR4.2 -> Univel UnixWare -> Novell UnixWare -> SCO
> UnixWare -> Caldera OpenLinux -> SuSE Linux.
>
> I would love to be wrong here. But ain't no arguing with history.
>
> We have even considered doing the world a big favor and going MS.

The feedback on Linux Today is a mixture of SCO take your [EMAIL PROTECTED] and stuff
it, KDE
will die (the Novel/XIMIAN connection), and bemoaning the loss of European
control of a major linux distro.  I would think(hope) that Novell has learned
something since the Unix debacle.  The initial press release indicates that
Novell will push the desktop offerings.  Since RedHat has chosen to concentrate
on servers, this merger (if well executed) could provide the impetus to bring
linux to a lot more of the commercial desktop user market.

Maybe you won't need to signup with MS, Roger, to hasten the demise of MS!

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the