quoth M.W. Chang:
| better than open office?

far different (though in my estimation oodles better, also). textmaker
is a word processor/desktop publisher, period. it is much, much smaller
and much, much faster than openoffice. on a machine here where
openoffice takes more than a minute to open and ready to take input,
textmaker takes six seconds. textmaker also makes better use of fonts
and offers full antialiasing. the differences are on a par with the
differences between opera and mozilla. (or, to be more accurate, opera
18 months ago and mozilla 18 months ago.)

i've used dozens of word processors in the last 20 years -- no, scores
of word processors. textmaker is my favorite of the lot. i am not sure
it is possible to overpraise it -- it's just great.
--
dep

Writing takes no time. It's finding something to say that takes forever.