On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:00:35 -0800 Tony Alfrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 November 2003 01:23 pm, Kurt Wall wrote:
> > Quoth M.W. Chang:
> > > better than open office?
> >
> > Yup, in the same way that single malt scotch is better than
> > Listerine.
> >
> > Kurt
>
> On this thread, someone commented that they had pretty good success with
> OO and textmaker re: Word format docs.  Just for grins, I loaded up OO
> and opened up a Word doc that someone just sent me.  Looked pretty
> wierd in OO but looked perfect with textmaker.

I've gone both ways OO->Doc and vice versa.  The key to getting good results
(for me at least) is to have identical fonts.  If you are going to do this on a
regular basis, you really need a copy of the Windows fonts available to OO.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the