Hi all,

I moved from eDesktop 2.4 to Redhat 7.1 and when backing up and saving
personal stuff, I tarred up my mail directory and bzip2 it up on to a
zip disk.

Now when trying to retrieve my mail directory, it bunzip2's ok but it
won't untar.

tar xvf mail.tar puts me right back to a prompt with it still listed as
mail.tar.  No error messages no nothing. Just the mail.tar file staring
mockingly at me.

Nothing I try with the tar command works.  It just always goes back to
the prompt.  Any ideas of how I can untar this?  I hate to lose all
those e-mail tips I've received over the years.

Thanks.

--
Tom Wilson
Registered Linux user #199331