I think it is definitely MORE up in the air than before.  What's changed
with Nimda is the incorporation of not only exploits but multiple exploits
with intelligence to wreak far more havoc than before.  Also, most worms
until this point targetted servers, with mail viruses focussing on email,
and very little IE exploits.  This one hits the servers from the clients
and the clients from the servers.

As more of the old exploits are used in tandem and with more intelligence.
I believe that people will be force to take notice.  What happens after
that is up in the air.  Thoughts of that article about TCP/MS come back in
scary waves, though.

                    Lee

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    et>                     cc:

                    Sent by:                Subject:     Re: fighting the worm (enough
of this already)
                    linux-users-admi

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    09/20/01 12:31

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to linux-users

Would vote a conditional yes. Not so much desktop users as server
administrators. By now they have to be getting pretty fed up with
complaints from clients
bothered by Microsoft worm of the week shut/slow downs.

Wil McGilvery wrote:

> I vote no, because they don't believe there is any alternative. A lot of
these people don't know that much about their computer and Linux/Unix
terrifies them.